+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

MRD, as long as you can celebrate them as an extra gift, not just a perk for work!

Unk, I'm rather late, but I'm glad to hear about the good results from Zac's bone marrow test. As always, he's in my thoughts.

MRD

Well we are planning a wedding! The egagement is not official yet (have to get my mom's engagement ring sized and give it to the fiance to give to my daughter), but we're looking at early Oct. of 2010. Probably in our backyard, so that gives us incentive to get the yard in shape. We have a huge backyard that is beautiful and just needs some TLC.
    And this way, Waldo can be ring bearer!!!
    We love our future son-in-law. I do think they are young, but my daughter will be almost 20 by then, so..........
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD That is amazing!! I'm so happy for her and for you!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Amazing that we'd consider Waldo as the ring bearer???

Well, they have dated for 3 years now. Neither one has ever dated anyone else. That and the age are my only concerns. He is 18 months older than she is. However, both are very mature and are in love. And I couldn't have ordered a more perfect mate for her. We really do like him and he treats her well and treats us with a lot of respect. So we aren't unhappy. We are actually happy. And this way, she's someone else's responsibility.

Seriously, I think it will be fine. Let's just hope she and I can get through the planning without killing each other. Fortunately she wants a very simple, small wedding, so it won't be too expensive.

ETA: and I am not wearing a hideous mother-of-the bride dress. I told her that right up front.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3421798;

ETA: and I am not wearing a hideous mother-of-the bride dress. I told her that right up front.
    But i bet you would look lovely in a lilac lacy dress with big puffy sleeves! Maybe they will go for super casual and you can all wear Grateful Dead t-shirts.

Congratulation to little rosie, I wish she and her hubby-to-be all the best.

I had the craziest experience at Wal-Mart the other night. I went shopping at the super Wal-Mart because I wanted to see if I could get some dog tie-outs for cheaper than at the pet store. Well, they didn't have those, so I then proceeded to go all over the store looking at this and that. I ended up only buying milk and a new bathroom scale. As I walked out the door, I felt in my pocket for my keys. No keys in my pocket. I looked in my purse, no keys in my purse. I went out to my car, no keys in my car. I realized I must have lost the keys somewhere in Wal-Mart! And did I mention I went to Wal-Mart right after work so I hadn't even been home to take the dogs for their walk yet? So I resigned myself to a night of getting someone to pick me up, find out who has my spare key for my apartment so I can get the spare key for my car, blah-blah-blah. On a weird hunch, I went back into Wal-Mart to see if they have a lost and found department. I went to customer service and asked and they told me they did. I asked if anyone had turned in any keys. The very nice associate asked me "What do your keys look like?", as she pulled out this huge bin that was just loaded with keys and keychains. As she pulled out the bin, I saw my keys on top shining like they had a spotlight on them! I was so surprised by my good luck, I was nearly dumbfounded. Not only did someone see my keys and turn them in to customer service, they did it before I had even left Wal-Mart! I've never considered myself a particularly lucky person, but I sure was that day.
    Last edited by brunette trixie; 04-22-2009 at 07:21 PM.

MRD

And I have already have a Greatful Dead t-shirt, so that would be less money I have to spend.

I had thought to completely flout convention and wear pants. I've seen a really nice pants set I liked. The top is a longish coat with slim (but not skinny) trousers. It's going to be unconventional anyway, so why not?

WOW! -- Congratulations are in ORDER! Give Jr. Rosiedog a hug and future son in law dog another. My blessings and best wishes. Mona would approve.

MRD

BT, that was very fortunate indeed.

Thanks Gabriel. I think they will be very happy together. I never thought it would happen so soon. I guess I have 18 months to adjust to it though.

I'm glad Mona would approve.

So where can I get a doggie bow tie? Need one for Bogie and Waldo. Rosie may even get a new outfit for the wedding.

MRD, congratulations! That's very exciting!

+ Reply to Thread