+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

Unklescott: Thanks and my prayers are with your grandchild. Your avatar picture made me smile because many of my nephew's friends at school decided to shave their heads to support Dustin. His dad sent us a picture and it was a whole sea of little bald heads. But it really meant a lot to Dustin and has helped him deal with this.

Brunette Trixie: You mentioned how she looks so tiny in her pads. Its always funny at the end of a game when we've just beaten a team we haven't played before and she takes off her helmet. All the parents from the other team, almost in unison say "That was a girl!?" I told her long ago that's the best complement you can ever get, not because they thought you were a boy but because its a comment on how well she played. Its also funny to see the other team's looks in the handshake line. Of course, some comments are made that aren't too nice but her team mates usually deal with that on the ice. She's like a little sister to them so they take care of her.

Thank you very much for all the love. I hope we all can learn to love what we have and enjoy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3379405;
    My good news - Update on PG&E. Got a statement - I think, I have it all straight now. I'm so thankful that they made some changes! They refunded $1,000 back on that $1,800 bill. And $100 back on the $900 bill. I know that this is not all correct but I think it is the best I could hope for. They showed the next month billing period - that came to $700 something. Since we paid that big bill right away so not to get late charges stacking up, we have a nice credit still.
    I'm really glad to hear that you have gotten some kind of action out of them!!!

My good news is that I bought my plane tickets to Alaska yesterday! We are all set for a July vacation!!

Sounds like a fun vacation ClosetRTWatcher. Did you live in Alaska once, or am I thinking of someone else? I have a brother who lives there and I've always wanted to visit. Just haven't had the chance yet.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3379775;
    Sounds like a fun vacation ClosetRTWatcher. Did you live in Alaska once, or am I thinking of someone else? I have a brother who lives there and I've always wanted to visit. Just haven't had the chance yet.
    Yes, I grew up there and moved out eventually for a more attractive job offer. It is nice going back because we generally know exactly where we want to go and what we want to do!

ClosetRTwatcher, I'm jealous--I wanted to go to Alaska agin this year, or at least BC, but due to my foot surgery I don't guess I'll get to go unless I see a whale of a sale, and that doesn't happen often!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3379504;
    Brunette Trixie: You mentioned how she looks so tiny in her pads. Its always funny at the end of a game when we've just beaten a team we haven't played before and she takes off her helmet. All the parents from the other team, almost in unison say "That was a girl!?" I told her long ago that's the best complement you can ever get, not because they thought you were a boy but because its a comment on how well she played. Its also funny to see the other team's looks in the handshake line. Of course, some comments are made that aren't too nice but her team mates usually deal with that on the ice. She's like a little sister to them so they take care of her.
    That's too cool PIMguy. You must be beaming with pride and rightfully so. I love how her teammates watch out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by erictbrown1;3379519;
    Thank you very much for all the love. I hope we all can learn to love what we have and enjoy life.
    Amen to that erictbrown1. In these uncertain times we need to take stock of our blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3380293;
    ClosetRTwatcher, I'm jealous--I wanted to go to Alaska agin this year, or at least BC, but due to my foot surgery I don't guess I'll get to go unless I see a whale of a sale, and that doesn't happen often!
    I know what you mean! We had to buy six tickets so I was really scared about what the toal was going to be. We are flying Sun Country and they were at least reasonable. The major airlines like Northwest were quite pricey (over $200 more per ticket)!!.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3379474;
    Mimzy, that's great. Did they admit it was an error, or was the meter wrong?
    They didn't explain. Just trying to be thankful that some was changed.

We got some great news today, Two bone marrow matches were found for Zac. They are both 9's out of 10 which is fantastic. He has a bone marrow test scheduled for tomorrow an if the results come back okay on Monday he gets to go home for a few days. He still has 2 blocks (30/35 days) of chemo left before the transplant. I'm ecstatic.

+ Reply to Thread