+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree675Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I had a truly amazing vacation. First one in 17 years. Great weather, safe flights, nice people, incredible hotel, exciting adventure tours, warm breezes at night, pristine beaches, and amazine animals to see. Wonderful memories I will treasure.I was truly blessed to be able to get away with my twin sinister this year. It won't happen again.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm so happy you had a wonderful vacation, misskitty. You deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3372170;
    I had a truly amazing vacation. First one in 17 years. Great weather, safe flights, nice people, incredible hotel, exciting adventure tours, warm breezes at night, pristine beaches, and amazine animals to see. Wonderful memories I will treasure.I was truly blessed to be able to get away with my twin sinister this year. It won't happen again.
    That is great misskitty. I am happy you had such a wonderful time!!!

MRD

sounds fabulous. Glad you had a great time. We missed you around here.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Your trip must have been wonderful! I used to live in the tropics so can picture it. I could use that feeling of warm breezes and pristine beaches right about now. In fact I am desperate for that vacation feeling! Luckily I have spring break coming up. But no tropics in sight. Thanks for sharing!

Good for you misskitty. Sounds like a wonderful vacation and I'm sure your brood was happy to have you home.

Wow! What an icredible gift. Take a moment now and really anchor that feeling of contentment and gratitude. Sometimes we need a "happy place" to go to. Sounds like you found yours.
    Count your blessings!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

My daughter's U16 Midget ice hockey team just won the championship in the Capital Beltway Hockey League!! She's 14 and is the only goalie (and only girl) on the boy's team. What made it especially meaningful is that she dedicated this season to her 10 yo cousin Dustin who is battling bone cancer. She wore a patch on her jersey to honor him this season and has kept him updated on the team's games through emails and pictures (he lives in Arizona). After the championship game the entire team decided to all sign a stick for him and have it mounted with the game puck and send it to him. It is really great to see a bunch of 14-17 year old kids who just went through something so exciting and who could easily become self-absorbed in their accomplishment think only of this young kid that they don't even know and the fight that he is going through. As if I wasn't already proud of my daughter and her teammates for winning the championship they have to go and pull this and make me get all emotional. What a great group of kids. I'd put a picture up of them but I'm not sure how, and I don't know if I can link to my Flickr page. Anyway, its great to have one's faith in humanity restored in these difficult times and I thought I'd share it.

MRD

PIMguy, that's fabulous. kudos for your daughter (I'm always glad to hear of a woman breaking into a man's world and doing well) and to her teammates, not only on their win, but in their unselfish behavior. Good thoughts and prayers for Dustin. I"m sure you're a proud parent and you should be. Sounds like you are raising a great kid and sounds like the team has a good coach as well as I believe it takes good coaching to foster good team spirit and unselfish behavior.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congratulations to your daughter PIMguy. They sound like a great bunch of kids.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread