+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 829 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160560 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Pom, I'm glad you fopund your purse. You are lucky indeed!

Wow, Pom, you escaped a big one today, didn't you? Great advice about stripping your wallet, too. Between this and your lottery ticket, you've had a couple of extremely stressful days. Definitely get that SS card out of there, and also any 'extra' credit cards you don't use often. I used to carry lots of dept store cards I never used, so I did the same thing after misplacing my purse. Here's my story:

Mr. Rose and I were moving out of state, so lots of little details were going on in our lives. On my last day of work, I put all my desk items and going away presents in my little convertible, put the top down (on the car, not me ), and drove home light as a feather, happy to be walking away from an extremely stressful job. Got home....dun, dun, dun, no purse. This was before cell phones, so I had to drive all the way back to work...no purse. Drove all the way home again. Mr. Rose tells me a woman found my purse along the road (I think I had laid it on the back of my car as I was putting the top down :rolleyes), and she actually brought it to the house. My money (about $30) was missing, and a book of stamps, but everything else was there. We never knew if she took those items, or someone else, but Mr. Rose said she looked like she could use them, so we didn't care. He gave her a reward (not realizing things were missing), but we considered ourselves lucky anyway. Phew.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Mr. Rose and I were moving out of state, so lots of little details were going on in our lives. On my last day of work, I put all my desk items and going away presents in my little convertible, put the top down (on the car, not me ), and drove home light as a feather, happy to be walking away from an extremely stressful job. Got home....dun, dun, dun, no purse. This was before cell phones, so I had to drive all the way back to work...no purse. Drove all the way home again. Mr. Rose tells me a woman found my purse along the road (I think I had laid it on the back of my car as I was putting the top down :rolleyes), and she actually brought it to the house. My money (about $30) was missing, and a book of stamps, but everything else was there. We never knew if she took those items, or someone else, but Mr. Rose said she looked like she could use them, so we didn't care. He gave her a reward (not realizing things were missing), but we considered ourselves lucky anyway. Phew.
    I'm glad you got your wallet back roses, and the same for pom. I wonder what the odds are of that happening. (slim, I'll bet)

I know I've learned an important lesson from you Roses - I will always hold onto my purse while taking my top down.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Congrats Spoose!

Pom - so glad you found your purse totally in tact. I agree about stripping your wallet. I only carry my license, my diabetic emergency card and 1 credit and 1 debit card. If I'm going somewhere I may need another card (Costco, library, etc.), I grab it. I also laminated my SS card and keep it locked up. I'm just glad you didn't have to go through the mess of calling all the credit card companies, etc.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Spoose, what great news. I'm so happy that everything went well
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Okay, my news isn't as great as Spoose's Congrats on your health and on school! That's great!

Pom! Talk about lucky!

Okay, here's my news.... I few people here know that I decided to go back to school a while back. I had met with admissions and applied, but was having all sorts of delays in getting transcripts sent from my last university (it took over 6 weeks!). I was starting to worry that I'd have to start all over and re-apply for spring if they didn't get my records soon. I found out today that I've been admitted as a student for fall! I'll be able to graduate next spring and then on to grad school. I'm in such a good mood.... I'll worry about financial aid and registering and all that other stuff tomorrow. Today, I celebrate!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Congrats Critical!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Premium Member
    That's great news Critical, congratulations!

I received my letter of committment from the board of ed the other day, so In September I will be a teacher! I can't wait!

Congratulations to all of you! I love reading about all your achievements in here...it's so uplighting.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread