+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

Oh that's great Famita. Continuing to send prayers and good wishes her way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3288146;
    Miss Kitty you lucky little kitty you! HAVE great fun. Is the sweetie going too? Have many margaritas and think of me.
    Sweetie is not going. I have to go with evil twin sinister. She's making everything complicated, stressful, and exhausting and we haven't even left yet. I've tried to help her out with things, but she's been very ungrateful and is simply stressed out.

I have learned that a Free Vacation is not really free; especially when you haven't been on one for 17 years. Expenses are adding up quickly: passport, insurance, suitcase, medical shots, tanning sessions so I don't burn; photo card to hold more pics; having to buy clothes so I will have the appropriate things to wear.....

And I've been "reminded" to get my Will signed, just in case something happens....which really makes me feel good about going.

You can make a pitcher of margueritas anytime now, MRD. I'm ready for that drinky!!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3313329;
    Sweetie is not going. I have to go with evil twin sinister. She's making everything complicated, stressful, and exhausting and we haven't even left yet. I've tried to help her out with things, but she's been very ungrateful and is simply stressed out.

I have learned that a Free Vacation is not really free; especially when you haven't been on one for 17 years. Expenses are adding up quickly: passport, insurance, suitcase, medical shots, tanning sessions so I don't burn; photo card to hold more pics; having to buy clothes so I will have the appropriate things to wear.....

And I've been "reminded" to get my Will signed, just in case something happens....which really makes me feel good about going.

You can make a pitcher of margueritas anytime now, MRD. I'm ready for that drinky!!!
    Yes, I learned that about 3 years ago with a friend. NEVER again is now my motto.

I'm sorry it's stressful for you. Maybe once you get there it won't be and you can relax and have fun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have both bad news (my TV died yesterday, and I can't afford a new one anytime soon) and great news. Three and a half years ago, at 250 pounds, I had gastric by-pass surgery. Today, I weigh in at 130 pounds. My loss journey is over, and I could not be happier about that! So, I'll read a bit more, listen to internet radio, and once the weather gets a tiny bit better, hope to rearrange (not too much, just a little) those 130 pounds.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

That's great, MissThing. You should be very proud of yourself.

A co-worker of mine had weight loss surgery. (I'm not sure which type.) She's lost about 100 pounds and looks absolutely wonderful. She said she has about another 30 pounds to go.

MissThing-Congrats! Enjoy your new lease on life!!

That's awesome, Miss Thing! And it's good to see you back.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Congrats MissThing. I had my gastric bypass almost 4 years ago. It's a great feeling to finally see that goal weight on the scale isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3331708;
    Congrats MissThing. I had my gastric bypass almost 4 years ago. It's a great feeling to finally see that goal weight on the scale isn't it?
    It sure is. I didn't really think I'd ever get here. The hospital's goal for me was 165, my own goal was this. I did plateau (sp?) for the longest, and I figured, well, that's just the way it is, I'll be grateful for the blessing I've had.

Then, suddenly, I started dropping again, like nobody's business. I'm not sick, I'm eating well, all is OK. Perhaps my body is just stubborn, because it did take what seems like forever to get past that 165 mark.

Still, I did it, and I just can't express adequately either my joy in having achieved the goal, or how much better I feel.

Last time I weighed this much, I was able to fit into size 8 pants. Now we are talking 12's, so I do need to rearrange things. Still, I started in 26's, and 12's are quite a treat for me!

Thanks to all of you for your appreciation. It means a lot to me.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Congrats to you! You should be very proud. Since you have no TV, you may have more time to exercise and keep you looking great and toned up.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread