+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree796Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Wow, angel - that's incredible. I did my daughter's FAFSA and what she will need to pay is about half of what she makes in a summer lifeguarding at a state park. So I know how you feel right now.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

CA that's great news. And Gut, that's great that your daughter will only have to pay out some of her wages from her job.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

my little good news is that I'm getting to go to Cancun, Mexico, and stay in a 5-star hotel, in February for a week..................FREE!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

How did you manage that misskitty?! That sounds so wonderful especially now that we're back in the deep, deep, deep freeze!

Canadian Angel that is good news about the scholarship
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Miss Kitty you lucky little kitty you! HAVE great fun. Is the sweetie going too? Have many margaritas and think of me.

I got an unexpected windfall on Thur. All the problems I had with financial aid, I actually qualifed for more than I needed for tuition and books, so I was able to have enough left over to get a laptop computer for school AND a new (to me, it's used) car that gets better gas mileage and is in better shape. I have to commute to another town for school, so the car was something we really needed as my old one was 13 years old and starting to fall apart. So while the money was for school, I did spend it on a couple things that will make school easier. I think I'm going to like having the laptop as I can pretty much work on it anywhere where there is wireless internet.
    And the car we got a great deal on and it should be a great little car until I graduate and can afford something better.
    But I'm happy and I now have all the tools for school so better get busy as I have NO excuse now not to do well.

How wonderful, MRD! The laptop will make a huge difference. Even if you don't have wireless, you can still work on papers and such. We find the kids' laptops get internet in the weirdest places. There is one chair in our house facing the side yard where they get it. Maybe the neighbors have it or something. Of course anytime you're on campus you'll have it, right? Most campuses are wireless now.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Yep, that's really why I wanted one, I can use it on campus. The computer lab is always full with a waiting list, so now I can work in the library and not have to wait on the school computer. AND best of all, I can use it in bed. I like to do my homework on the bed for some reason (lots of room to spread stuff out) and can use it there.

I'm really excited about the laptop as I think it will make things a LOT easier for me.

You may want to get an inexpensive zip drive so you can print papers you write... or do you submit them electronically?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3288319;
    You may want to get an inexpensive zip drive so you can print papers you write... or do you submit them electronically?
    I'd like to get a zip drive. Most of my profs want stuff submitted electronically, but my Southern History Prof is techno. challenged, so they have to be printed out. But in his defense, he's retired, teaches just a few classes here and there and has never used the new technology in his classes before. He can't even use the new audio/visual equipment we have in the classrooms that puts the computer on a screen for the classroom to see. We need a geek from the audio visual club to come help us out.

Our home printer is also wireless, so I think I can send stuff to it??? Not sure. Hubby says I can. I just don't know.

+ Reply to Thread