+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree816Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

That's a crazy story, mrd. I wonder if she had some sort of psychotic break? I mean how many adults bite someone during a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3282750;
    That's a crazy story, mrd. I wonder if she had some sort of psychotic break? I mean how many adults bite someone during a fight?
    And to think that now she's teaching school!

MRD

We were freshmen in college. Both just turned 18. She was an evil bitch anyway. She was the youngest in her family and the only girl, so I tend to think she wasn't very mature, had gotten everything she ever wanted (read the child fleeing nest thread about how she got her laundry done), very spoiled and college was an eye opener for her. She had apparantly been extremely popular in HS and in college, it was NOT that way. We lived in an apartment building with a central hall and I made friends with all the neighbors almost immediately. They couldn't stand her and therefore never invited her to anything after the first few things and I think she was jealous that I did get invited.
    It was very strange and my first roommate experience which soured me on having roommates for a year. I lived alone after that and loved it. I did have 2 more roommates in my life, but mostly I lived alone and the other 2 roommates were a LOT better.

And that my friends is the good news. I learned to live alone and enjoy it and not need to have people around me constantly. Something, some people I have known have never learned.

ETA: most of the kitchen stuff was mine and she also broke on purpose all my glasses. Her boyfriend from home visited us one weekend and she treated him so badly he got drunk and banged his head on the floor until she begged him to stop. Yeah, I was glad to see her go, let me tell you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FoRTer

My good news is that my husband received an unexpected raise. It's a small increase, but we're looking at it as a nice symbolic gesture.

MRD

That is good news in these uncertain economic times.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

coltnlasma, great news for you! I also received a slight increase, but then my hours were cut, so I'm making a little less, but...I still have a job!

I just received a scholarship that I didn't even apply for. It was completely unexpected and will pay for my entire last year of school when I go back!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3287445;
    I just received a scholarship that I didn't even apply for. It was completely unexpected and will pay for my entire last year of school when I go back!!
    YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3287445;
    CA, I am so happy for you! This has been quite a year for you so far. I am rooting for you all the way. Your positive outlook will take you places.

Congratulations to coltnlasma and canadian_angel!!!

+ Reply to Thread