+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3272388;
    My good news is I had an all-clear on my mammogram yesterday. Always a little tense waiting for the results. Post-cancer mammos are even more torture than usual. They aren't leaving anything to chance. I take Tylenol before I even get out of the car to go in.
    I'm sorry I missed this Gut. That's fantastic news.

My good news starts out as sort of bad news... my son borrowed the charger to my new iPod shuffle and lost it so I went to buy a new one (I know he should, but he can't afford it and I'm a little ahead at the moment). The charger cost almost as much as a new iPod with a charger included, so I went ahead and got a new iPod. The other one was filled right away with my son's playlist, so I'm going to fill this one with CDs from my classroom... Latin, African rhythms - music from all over the world. I'm excited just thinking about it. Then I'll have a choice of styles so my workouts don't get stale. I've already lost 4 lbs. since new years because of my new iPod.
    Count your blessings!

I don't know how I missed the good news about the mammogram - CONGRATULATIONS. The same for the weight loss my dear lady.

Thanks guys. This is the year of the iPod for me. I enjoyed the holidays too much and had gotten out of the habit of exercising every day. Now I can't get enough because the music really makes it fun.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, great news about the mammogram! I was excited about the ipod until I realized you actually had to exercise too (rather than the excitement of having an ipod causing weight loss)!

Out of the blue tonight I heard from my college roommate who I haven't spoken to for more than 15 years. We were the best of friends for so long then had a falling out years ago when we were both young mothers with little ones underfoot. The argument happened because we both wanted to get together for a visit but one or the other of us always had family obligations that prevented it. I guess the frustrations of that got in our way and we began to snipe at each other and play the blame game. Thank God for the Classmates web site.......I signed on with them a few years ago and just happened to wander in there tonight for the first time in a few months. I had a message from her that ironically she had just left a few hours before. I can't wait to catch up on all that we've missed.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3280943;
    Out of the blue tonight I heard from my college roommate who I haven't spoken to for more than 15 years. We were the best of friends for so long then had a falling out years ago when we were both young mothers with little ones underfoot. The argument happened because we both wanted to get together for a visit but one or the other of us always had family obligations that prevented it. I guess the frustrations of that got in our way and we began to snipe at each other and play the blame game. Thank God for the Classmates web site.......I signed on with them a few years ago and just happened to wander in there tonight for the first time in a few months. I had a message from her that ironically she had just left a few hours before. I can't wait to catch up on all that we've missed.
    That is wonderful! I hope you have a great time catching up with your roomie! I recently joined a similar site and I've been AMAZED at the people who "found me" and I've tracked a few old friends down too.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

That's great bunny and Doxie. Ironically I heard from my college roommate a couple weeks ago. We haven't spoken in almost 29 years because we got into a physical fight in our apartment because I was "typing too loud". She added me as a friend on facebook. I do NOT know why because quite honestly, I didn't much like her before the fight and after she gave me a horrible black eye and bit the snot out of me, I really could have spent the rest of my life without hearing from her again.

However, through facebook, I have been contacted by a LOT of people I knew in highschool and it's been fun to catch up. But I swear, I wasn't THIS popular in highschool.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3282161;
    That's great bunny and Doxie. Ironically I heard from my college roommate a couple weeks ago. We haven't spoken in almost 29 years because we got into a physical fight in our apartment because I was "typing too loud". She added me as a friend on facebook. I do NOT know why because quite honestly, I didn't much like her before the fight and after she gave me a horrible black eye and bit the snot out of me, I really could have spent the rest of my life without hearing from her again.

However, through facebook, I have been contacted by a LOT of people I knew in highschool and it's been fun to catch up. But I swear, I wasn't THIS popular in highschool.
    Oh my, she gave you a black eye because you were TYPING TOO LOUD??? What would have happened if you had been playing your stereo or something? Or grinding your teeth at night? Were you like POUNDING on the typewriter? And what did she say when she contacted you? "Hi, I know we haven't talked or anything since I assaulted you, but how have you been? Still got a scar where I bit you? By the way, thanks ever so much for not calling the cops and all or reporting me to the school. You're the best!!! I promise I don't bite anymore, wanna get together?"
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3282223;
    Oh my, she gave you a black eye because you were TYPING TOO LOUD??? What would have happened if you had been playing your stereo or something? Or grinding your teeth at night? Were you like POUNDING on the typewriter? And what did she say when she contacted you? "Hi, I know we haven't talked or anything since I assaulted you, but how have you been? Still got a scar where I bit you? By the way, thanks ever so much for not calling the cops and all or reporting me to the school. You're the best!!! I promise I don't bite anymore, wanna get together?"
    Yeah, something like that. She's lucky I didn't call the cops (I was young and naive and I really should have.) My parents came up and moved her out and took photos which I ran across not long ago. I had the black eye of all black eyes. It was HUGE and covered half my face and my face was scratched too. I wore HUGE sunglasses for days as I was so embarrassed. She bit my upper arm and it was nasty looking, broke the skin. The woman is sick let me tell you and I obviously don't know HOW to fight as I didn't get many licks in because I was mostly defending myself. We lived in an apartment building and our neighbor who was a friend, heard the commotion and came in and pulled her off me, took me to his apartment and calmed me down and let me call my folks. None of our neighbors liked her. They called her "Skippy Rah-Rah" because she had been a cheerleader and she was kind of loose, so they said she had "peanut butter legs: smooth and easy to spread".

Yeah, it was finals week and she was studying and I was typing a paper on my portable electric typewriter (before home computers. Heck, before most businesses had computers. ) and it was bothering her. She could have gone to the library. I couldn't take my portable typewriter to the library so I was kind of stuck typing in our apartment.

She just sent me a "friend request" on facebook with no message. I still haven't decided to add her and I'm probably not. I was just so shocked to even hear from her. I did look at her profile, and Doxie, she lives in your neck of the woods, teaching school in Birmingham.

ETA: See how your actions can get you some really bad nicknames? I try to impart this information to the kids in the musuem when I talk about Shoeless Joe: be careful what you do, because you'll get a nickname that will last for life. Obviously as I still remember the Skippy Rah-Rah part 28 years later.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread