+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I'm sorry, but I've seen those tricks played on people on America's Funniest Videos and I think it's really mean. If I really thought I'd won and then found out it was a joke, I don't know how I'd feel about the person afterwards. Risky joke.

My good news is I had an all-clear on my mammogram yesterday. Always a little tense waiting for the results. Post-cancer mammos are even more torture than usual. They aren't leaving anything to chance. I take Tylenol before I even get out of the car to go in.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 01-10-2009 at 08:08 AM.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut! That's great news. I am sure you are so relieved. We share in that relief!

Fortunately the group of friends that I have have all been together for many years and have shared an awful lot. We are all very close and have played jokes and pranks on each other quite a bit. Everyone has a great sense of humor and therefore, feelings were not hurt. I think it's important when playing jokes on each other, that everyone knows each other well and knows how the jokes will likely be received. Sadly the group no longer goes to the beach together anymore and we don't get together often enough, but we stay in touch via email and phone and we still laugh and joke with each other.
    Maybe that was a more of you had to be there and you had to know us to understand the joke. It wasn't done out of meaness. In fact the fellow that it was done against has told us many times that when we stop playing jokes, he'll thimk we don't love him anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3272388;

My good news is I had an all-clear on my mammogram yesterday. Always a little tense waiting for the results. Post-cancer mammos are even more torture than usual. They aren't leaving anything to chance. I take Tylenol before I even get out of the car to go in.
    That's fabulous news, Gut! Congratulations!
    ------------
    My little good news is that my sweetie's nephew, whose family went to Hawaii from the Make A Wish Foundation, returned home safely! The little guy had a great adventure and only a few seizures while he was there. He wears a helmet everywhere now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm so very happy for you Gut

I'm glad your sweetie's nephew was able to relax and have a fantastic time misskitty!
    CYA

MRD

Oh Miss Kitty, I'm so glad they had a good time in Hawaii.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I spent a couple hours shovelling my driveway this morning and had saved the heavy snowplow stuff at the end for last. I was just trying to work up a second wind to tackle it when a snowplow driver came by and did it in 3 passes for free. I blew him kisses and waved as he drove away. If anyone has a prayer to spare, pray that his good deed will be returned 10-fold in blessings to him.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3273737;
    I spent a couple hours shoveling my driveway this morning and had saved the heavy snowplow stuff at the end for last. I was just trying to work up a second wind to tackle it when a snowplow driver came by and did it in 3 passes for free. I blew him kisses and waved as he drove away. If anyone has a prayer to spare, pray that his good deed will be returned 10-fold in blessings to him.
    Gutmutter, each time I read about how much snow you are shoveling, I reflect that you must be very fit by now! What a workout I have only shoveled snow a few times and it got my heart rate up and it didn't feel quite as cold afterwards! As for your good fortune with the snowplow driver, that is wonderful as I am sure you get plenty of opportunities for that workout. What a good guy.

My son, a college grad who was underemployed (at minimum wage) has now gotten a better job with a bit more pay. In these tough economic times, it is good news indeed!

Gut Excellent news about your mammogram!

Cootie Congratulations to your son on his new job. I hope it's the first step in a successful career!

I lost a diamond ring after I cleaned it with solution and dried it off with kleenex. I was in a hurry and rushing around and think I threw it and the kleenex into the garbage. After sorting through a weeks worth of trash, I finally found it! Whew! Luckily, it was in with the bathroom garbage, not the kitchen icky, yucky, messy, foodstuff trash.

Now, if only I could remember where I might have lost my prescription sun glasses before Xmas, I would really be happy. So many stores, so many possibilities.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My good news? American Idol starts back up tonight...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread