+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3256616;
    He's home!!! I just went down and saw him!!! I'm so relieved! I told my friend not to talk to the insurance company if they call tomorrow because I'm going to give them the name of a lawyer to ask questions to before answering any Insurance Company questions. I'm just so glad my little noodle is bouncy and doing ok!!
    And just think of the impressive "how I got my scar" stories he can tell girls in about 10 years ... So glad to hear he's home and ok!!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3256616;
    I'm just so glad my little noodle is bouncy and doing ok!!
    Too cute! Is he the little guy you used to have in your avatar?
    CYA

MRD

Bug, how scary. Glad he's ok. Kids shrug that stuff off. Meanwhile the adults are all piles of quivering jelly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3256619;
    Too cute! Is he the little guy you used to have in your avatar?
    No, I don't have any pictures of him on my computer but I will get one so everyone can go Awwww!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Buglover, I am SO glad to hear that he is o.k. My daughter was hit by a car crossing the street eight years ago (she was 11 yrs. old at the time). To this day I can remember every ounce of fear that I felt when I got the call that day, so my heart goes out to you.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Wow chrelsey I hope your daughter didn't have any lasting injuries from that incident!
    Yup, with donuts!!

She was very fortunate - she had a broken leg and had to wear a boot for several weeks. I'll never forget that day . . . my son, who was always playing pratical jokes on me, called and said his sister had been hit by a car. I thought he was just joking and I told him to stop, that that wasn't funny. He said, "No, mom, Kelsey's been hit by a car." My heart just dropped. I screamed "How is she?" into the phone, and just above a whisper all he said was, "I don't know." It happened about five minutes from my work, but I couldn't get there fast enough. When I got there, I found out that the guy who had hit her hadn't even stopped - he kept on going. It turns out he was a kid working down the street at the video store, and he didn't stop because he was late getting to work. When he got there, he told his boss what had happened and his boss made him come back to the scene. I wanted to throttle him. I still tear up when I think of that day - all these years later - because for those few minutes that it took me to get there (which seemed like forever), I didn't know if my baby was dead or alive. So I empathize COMPLETELY with you and the range of emotions that I know you felt when you heard about your godson, and I am rejoicing with you that he is o.k.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Bug, so glad that he was ok!

Our Holiday good news is that my sweetie's other newphew, who is 10, was released from hospital today after having laproscopic heart surgery to close off an extra valve/artery in his heart which was causing him great distress. They arrived safely at the Stollery Children's Hospital from Calgary, the surgery went very well, and he's able to go home with his family this afternoon. The roads and weather are good for sensible driving. He was happy, smiling and eating chocolate when I saw them this morning!

The surgeon discovered he actually had 3 extra valves/arteries that had to be closed and managed to get 2 of them closed completely. They will be watching him and he may need one more surgery, but time will tell. For now, he's completely out of the danger zone.

God bless the amazing surgeons, nurses, and resources we have here!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

That's great news misskitty! What a great gift for Christmas!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread