+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 829 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158558 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Premium Member
    I lost 5.4 pounds my first week at Weight Watchers.

ooooooooh congrats marleybone! i LOVE weight watchers! and that's an amazing accomplishment. you should be proud! keep it up!!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Marleybone! AWESOME!!

My good news for the day is that my daughter (6 years old) is in a swimming program. She just began her second session on Thursday (it's 2 days/week) and the coach called me tonight and said she's really making amazing progress and he'd like to move her up to the advanced beginners. Last night she swam the length of the pool (it's held at our high school, so it's a big pool with a really deep deep-end) without any help and she was learning her strokes.

I'M SO PROUD I'M BEAMING. I most liked seeing the proud look on her face when I told her the coach is moving her up.

The best mother's day present is a big proud hug from your kid

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    This could go either way - good news or bad news. Being the eternal optimist ( ), I've decided to make the best of it. I've joined the ranks of sportsmoms. I am now an official "hockey mom." Yay.

My 25-year-old daughter's husband signed them up to be on a hockey team. (Personally, I think he just wanted to get her off her ass.) She's doing well, and isn't missing any teeth. Yet. He's a coach and a ref, so he's on the ice skating loop-dee-loops around my poor daughter who can barely stand without skates, let alone on the ice. I'm super proud of him for getting him to join her in the sport he loves and lives for.

Mad props to the son-in-law.

Good News - I was just elected to a seat on our local school board. The election was held on Tuesday, but I have been so busy I forgot to share the news with my FORTer friends. After all the mudslinging, I am pretty sure I won't do this again.

JD -- I have a friend who's in a for-fun adult hockey league. He can skate. He got injured. Get her a face mask, I'm not kidding. Better to be on the safe side.

Congrats, AnaB! Having sat through school board meetings, you've fought a political race for a dull-as-dirt job. But it's good-government stuff, good for you.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Ana! Congratulations (and good luck!) That's great, that you're so involved, and now can effect change and really make a difference.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    JD -- I have a friend who's in a for-fun adult hockey league. He can skate. He got injured. Get her a face mask, I'm not kidding. Better to be on the safe side.
    Thanks, Lucy. I make the big announcement as though I have anything whatsoever to do with it. They live in Florida, and I have very little influence on their lives. Well, except for the good stuff, I'll gladly take credit for that.

Jessica told me how many people have insisted on her getting a mask, too. She's against it, but I know I wouldn't want to see a puck flying at me full speed. Or a stick. Or a person. (well, depends on the person, I guess)

JD, ask her how pretty she'll feel with a tooth knocked out. You're not too far away to manipulate.
    Last edited by Lucy; 05-05-2005 at 10:45 PM.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Jessica told me how many people have insisted on her getting a mask, too. She's against it, but I know I wouldn't want to see a puck flying at me full speed. Or a stick. Or a person. (well, depends on the person, I guess)
    You can get hurt just by tripping on a rut in the ice. There was always an ongoing debate at my rink about who tore up the ice worse; hockey players or figure skaters. It's a dangerous sport even if it's just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    Good News - I was just elected to a seat on our local school board. The election was held on Tuesday, but I have been so busy I forgot to share the news with my FORTer friends. After all the mudslinging, I am pretty sure I won't do this again.
    Way to go Ana! That is really cool even if, like Lucy says, it's a really boring job. Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread