+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

Good to hear from you! Did you move from the hospital to the other facility? If so, they must not have internet as we've missed you this week.
    What's this weekends menu and agenda, CA???

Our good news is that TS Hanna isn't going to do as much as they thought at first. It's just skirting the Carolina coast.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Canadian Angel - welcome home once again! I am looking at this weekend ahead and plan to make the most of it.

MRD - glad to hear that Hanna is not headed your way.

Congratulations on the house MRD!! I'm a little late to the party with school starting and Big Brother winding down, but I'm really happy for you. Sounds perfect for your situation. Let me know as soon as that guest room is ready!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3191076;
    Congratulations on the house MRD!! I'm a little late to the party with school starting and Big Brother winding down, but I'm really happy for you. Sounds perfect for your situation. Let me know as soon as that guest room is ready!
    Thanks. I will let you know Gut. I will be great to have a place for guests. I am dreading the move. I walk around this house and look and think I have SO much to do and then boneheaded me forgot the museums first birthday is the first week of October and I will be BUSY. I can't even take that Sat. off and we were going to start moving that weekend. I guess that my husband can get his friends together and take the big heavy furniture while I work. Hmm, actually maybe this may work out for me. I won't have to do any heavy lifting.

MRD

I can't wait for Christmas this year. I get a 25% discount in the museum store and they have been putting a LOT of cool stuff on clearance because it didn't sell in the first year of business (the person in charge of the gift shop in the beginning had a completely different vision of what we should be selling and it well, didn't sell. She's gone and they are going in a different direction which is working well), so I've got my eye on some really neat things that I can get at a discount and they are things you don't find other places, so hopefully that will be where I do the bulk of my Christmas shopping this year.
    And I have a couple people that would love a nice ped egg and maybe some nice Bath and body works lotions to go with it.
    Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3190828;
    Good to hear from you! Did you move from the hospital to the other facility? If so, they must not have internet as we've missed you this week.
    What's this weekends menu and agenda, CA???

Our good news is that TS Hanna isn't going to do as much as they thought at first. It's just skirting the Carolina coast.
    Thank you thank you. Thus far it's been a trip to Costco... where I helped mom pick out her presents for her staff for Christmas. I always wrap them and since things take me longer, I have to get started sooner.

Thus far, I've had Life cereal (YUMMY!), a pepperoni cheese hot dog from Orange Julius and a granola/yogurt parfait. Tonight we're going to Red Lobster.. yes again!!

Then tomorrow I'm not sure what breakfast and lunch are, but we're going to my grandparents for supper and I'm making the dessert!! The cookie pizza I posted in the Recipe thread!

How have things been going for you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3190896;
    Canadian Angel - welcome home once again! I am looking at this weekend ahead and plan to make the most of it.

MRD - glad to hear that Hanna is not headed your way.
    Thank you! I hope your weekend goes as busily as mine! In the best busy way possible of course.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got a teaching job this past week. I haven't officially been hired yet as full time, but I am long term sub again and it looks like my position will last the whole school year.

I am teaching Kindergarten Since I have started after school began I am playing catch up and I will be decorating my classroom all day tomorrow. I have 23 students currently and I think that I am at my max, but I could be wrong.

It has been five years since I taught Kindergarten and I have forgotten just how exhausting it can be, but I am thrilled.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3191402;
    Thus far, I've had Life cereal (YUMMY!), a pepperoni cheese hot dog from Orange Julius and a granola/yogurt parfait. Tonight we're going to Red Lobster.. yes again!!
    Then tomorrow I'm not sure what breakfast and lunch are, but we're going to my grandparents for supper and I'm making the dessert!! The cookie pizza I posted in the Recipe thread!
    angel - I almost cried reading this. I'm so glad you are able to have a positive relationship with food again. My heart and blessings go out to you on your journey. Thank you for sharing with us so we can help support you.
    Count your blessings!

JLuvs, congrats on the job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3191739;
    angel - I almost cried reading this. I'm so glad you are able to have a positive relationship with food again. My heart and blessings go out to you on your journey. Thank you for sharing with us so we can help support you.
    Thank you Gut! Today for breakfast I had a fruit salad.. and for lunch a Peanut Butter and Honey and Banana sandwhich! So simple, yet something I wouldn't have dared to eat before. Now, it tasted SOOOO good.

I'm so lucky that I can share with you and have the wonderful support!

This isn't good news yet, but I'm hoping. I sent in my resume this morning for a customer service rep job at a local insurance office. I am laid off from my previous job and I really would love to find something else before I get called back and have to make the decision on whether to go back to a job that I literally hate or turn it down and take my part time waitressing job on a more permanent level. Right now I'm waiting tables to pick up what my unemployment doesn't cover. I don't mind the work but I don't think it's something that I want to do for the next 20 years.

So, everyone keep their fingers crossed for me and maybe send me some good vibes.

+ Reply to Thread