+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Was that an invitation?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3186380;
    It's a big yard and I have the condominium of tents, but it also gets cold here in the winter, so you might want to find a FORTER in Florida instead.
    I wouldn't want to sleep in my yard in a tent here in January. But we have gorgeous springs and falls.

One of the things we hope to do is build a garage/workshop on it for my husband eventually. If we do that, we'll make it 2 stories with a nice aparment on the 2nd floor, so I'll have guest rooms.
    *cough cough* caretaker and cat apartment?

MRD

Famita, yes it was. Fall is on the way and we have a FABULOUS fall festival that is a taste of Greenville. They block off mainstreet for over a mile and it's food booths on both sides of the road. Wonderful food, drink and entertainment and they have a booth decorating contest, so all the booths are all done up in Fall decorations. So what are you waiting for???

Gabriel, but of course. You and Joseph will LOVE Greenville. (but not sure how much Waldo and Rosie and Bogie would love Joey). The yard has a perfect spot for my patio table. I envision a few Miller beers being enjoyed there with my new tenants.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3186226;
    "Um, yes officer, the reason I'm speeding is that the very large dog slobbering in the back seat is getting ready to blow. If I were you, I'd step really far away from the car as you write me that ticket!"

Hopefully this is the LAST move I have to make.
    Someone may get a BIG offer of money, undying gratitude and a year's worth of home cooked meals if they agree to drive Waldo.
    Or maybe I could hold a Waldo lottery and the (unfortunate) winner gets to drive him.
    Mr. Doxie read the part about the home cooked meals and has offered to drive Waldo!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3186226;
    "Someone may get a BIG offer of money, undying gratitude and a year's worth of home cooked meals if they agree to drive Waldo.
    I bet someone at least has a big enough crate to tote him in you can borrow. That's easiest, because then you just hose down the whole nasty dog, crate, and everything all together I know someone with a German Shepherd that gets violently ill in the car, and that's what he does; it's so bad that he even has to put cardboard over the wire mesh door, and a few old, throw away towels on the floor of the crate.
    Anyway, best of luck with the house, but be careful. At one point my sister was doing rent to own, and did a bunch of work on the house; when they told the owner they wanted to get a regular loan and go ahead and actually buy the house, at a normal interest rate, he jacked the price up to a totally unreasonable amount. (Talk about bad luck, the house they got after that was the one that burnt) I've heard this is really common, and that usually the owners are "the nicest folks--I didn't think they would be that way!" Make sure you get a good contract stating the eventual purchase price, that it's ok to get your own loan, and so forth, and do not just sign whatever the homeowner hands you. If they don't agree, suspect something. Yes, I know I always seem to be the wet blanket, but make sure you protect yourself. After that, goodie for you!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Awesome news, mrd!!

As for moving Waldo, I say rent one of those $19.95/day moving vans and transport him in that. Let him throw up on someone else's interior.

But don't you still have to clean them after using them?!

MRD

BT, good idea! We can just hose it down.

Queenb, thanks for the heads up. I know there are unscrupulous people out there, which is why we went through a company that only handles lease to own-we are not dealing with an individual. We reviewed the contract and had a lawyer friend of ours also review it and they cannot raise the purchase price when we do get our loan and if for any reason the sale doesn't go through, we will be refunded our initial down payment and the part of the rent that is going to the down payment each month.
    I checked with the BBB and this company has no negative complaints. So things look kosher.

Doxie, tell your hubby that not only will I make him a home cooked meal, but I will take him to his most favorite restaurant in the world: Sticky Fingers. When should we expect him?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3187617;
    Doxie, tell your hubby that not only will I make him a home cooked meal, but I will take him to his most favorite restaurant in the world: Sticky Fingers. When should we expect him?

Tomorrow? Mr. Doxie doesn't care WHAT Waldo does to the truck as long as he gets to go to Sticky Fingers.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

CONGRATS Mrd!!!!

I'm back home for the weekend so I'm busy catching up with FORT!

+ Reply to Thread