+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

We just realized about an hour ago (talk about a big crash after a heavenly high) that packing, lifting, moving, unpacking, etc. will be easy. We have to actually DRIVE Waldo to the new house. You know, the dog that gets MAJORLY car sick?

Hubby just said that Waldo may be the hardest thing we have to move and we own a piano!!! A HEAVY piano.

I think we're the ones up the creek now, not Waldo!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3185796;
    Well we just kind of bought a house today!
    Congrats Rosie! That is wonderful news. Well, the packing and the dog moving might be a bit of a trial, but the rent to own deal sounds great.

That's fantastic news MRD What an exciting new adventure for you! Packing up an entire household for a move can be a daunting task so don't be afraid to ask friends for help. You can throw a thank-you party for everyone once you've settled in. Best wishes to you in your new home.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3186020;
    We just realized about an hour ago (talk about a big crash after a heavenly high) that packing, lifting, moving, unpacking, etc. will be easy. We have to actually DRIVE Waldo to the new house. You know, the dog that gets MAJORLY car sick?

Hubby just said that Waldo may be the hardest thing we have to move and we own a piano!!! A HEAVY piano.

I think we're the ones up the creek now, not Waldo!!
    Congrats!

Ask your vet for a sedative or anti-nausea drug for him. Or ask if it is ok to give him something like Dramamine. If all else fails, put a tarp/old blanket under him in the car and drive REALLY fast.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

That's great news, MRD. Best of luck to all of you in your new home.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3186210;
    Congrats!

Ask your vet for a sedative or anti-nausea drug for him. Or ask if it is ok to give him something like Dramamine. If all else fails, put a tarp/old blanket under him in the car and drive REALLY fast.
    "Um, yes officer, the reason I'm speeding is that the very large dog slobbering in the back seat is getting ready to blow. If I were you, I'd step really far away from the car as you write me that ticket!"

Bunny, several friends have already offered as they all knew we were going to have to move before Jan. I will be making calls lining up their offers of help and trucks! And I will also offer to pay for gas and provide food and beer and soft drinks on moving day and we will throw a nice party for everyone after we get unpacked and settled in. Moving sucks and the people that offered to help will be treated well because helping someone move is a really genereous thing to do.

Hopefully this is the LAST move I have to make.
    Someone may get a BIG offer of money, undying gratitude and a year's worth of home cooked meals if they agree to drive Waldo.
    Or maybe I could hold a Waldo lottery and the (unfortunate) winner gets to drive him.
    Last edited by MRD; 09-02-2008 at 07:46 AM.

This isn't MY good news, but it's good news just the same - Hurricane Gustav didn't do as much damage in New Orleans as was feared. I'm so glad that it wasn't worse.

MRD

Me too! I was so worried and we watched a lot of the coverage yesterday.

Now they say Hanna is bearing down on the Eastern US, let's hope she isn't that bad either.

Wow, MRD, Great news!!! In fact, I believe you have landed on the bonanza of Gut's life-now we can have a summer retirement home (Gut's) and a winter retirement home (yours)! Do you know how many tents you can fit on an acre lot? (just joking, of course)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3186297;
    Wow, MRD, Great news!!! In fact, I believe you have landed on the bonanza of Gut's life-now we can have a summer retirement home (Gut's) and a winter retirement home (yours)! Do you know how many tents you can fit on an acre lot? (just joking, of course)
    It's a big yard and I have the condominium of tents, but it also gets cold here in the winter, so you might want to find a FORTER in Florida instead.
    I wouldn't want to sleep in my yard in a tent here in January. But we have gorgeous springs and falls.

One of the things we hope to do is build a garage/workshop on it for my husband eventually. If we do that, we'll make it 2 stories with a nice aparment on the 2nd floor, so I'll have guest rooms.

+ Reply to Thread