+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Tomorrow I'm spending the day at my grandparents'. My mom works at the football games (Big Game tomorrow for our team) and then after she is going to a wind up for the group. I told her she was in no way cancelling those plans because I was home. She deserves a break and enjoyment too. So my grandparents are "looking after" me. Then on Monday we're going to Red Lobster for lunch and to a different mall for some window shopping. . Simple things, but things that'll bring me lots of pleasure to be doing again after not for so long!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3184275;
    Tomorrow I'm spending the day at my grandparents'. My mom works at the football games (Big Game tomorrow for our team) and then after she is going to a wind up for the group. I told her she was in no way cancelling those plans because I was home. She deserves a break and enjoyment too. So my grandparents are "looking after" me. Then on Monday we're going to Red Lobster for lunch and to a different mall for some window shopping. . Simple things, but things that'll bring me lots of pleasure to be doing again after not for so long!
    Such wonderful simple things. I wish I could spend time with my grandmother! There are many things I would ask her if she was still alive. I hope the football game goes well. We are watching our college team play right now (Go Ducks!) and they are in the lead over the Washington Huskies - another bit of good news if you are a Duck fan!

MRD

Canadian Angel, that is fabulous news! I hope you have a grand weekend. Tell us all about it. But your plans sound great. I bet you are just thrilled to see something other than the hospital.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It's been amazing to see and do things in the community. Plus last night I made it up the stairs (with help) to sleep in my own bed! I slept so good last night and I don't doubt for a minute it had to do with me being home, in my own bed, and with my own stuff!

Canadian angel! I'm glad you're out of hospital and will be able to enjoy some good food, company and fresh air! Oh, and shopping too! Have a piece of cake with supper...it's makes every day special.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I had 2 pieces of strawberry shortcake tonight along with a serving of striploin steak, hashbrown casserole potatoes, carrots and brocolli! Yum yum yum. I definitely think dessert makes things better. Now if only we could have desserts and only desserts at every meal Nah, I'd get sick of them, plus non-dessert foods are some of the best there are!

You go girl!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3185064;
    I had 2 pieces of strawberry shortcake tonight along with a serving of striploin steak, hashbrown casserole potatoes, carrots and brocolli! Yum yum yum. I definitely think dessert makes things better. Now if only we could have desserts and only desserts at every meal Nah, I'd get sick of them, plus non-dessert foods are some of the best there are!
    Eat dessert first!

MRD

Well we just kind of bought a house today!

Our landlord informed us last month that she wants us to either commit to buy the house we are in now or she wants to sell it by Jan. We hate this house, so we've been looking. As hubby started his own business earlier in the summer, that put a damper on getting a mortgage for a while, so we were thinking, "oh no, we have to move and rent again and in 2 years we can buy and then move AGAIN".

But we found a lease/purchase house that while not perfect, is not bad at all. We signed a 2 year agreement and part of each month's rent will go toward the down payment and in 2 years, we can get financing to purchase it outright. However, it is still "ours" and we can make improvements, paint etc., but it really doesn't need much. It has refinished wood floors inside and the carpet is new as are all the appliances in the kitchen and new toilets in both baths. It is on an acre of land with a creek, fenced on 3 sides so all we have to do is put up a section of fence on one of the smaller sides and it will be GREAT for the dogs. Although I can bet Waldo will be in the creek. It has a driveway from both the back and the front on 2 separate streets.

It's a split level on 3 levels plus a basement. So it has lots of storage and the upper level has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. The master bedroom is big, but the bath is minute. The good news is that the lower level is going to be my daughters and it is good size. It has it's own entry way and 2 rooms, plus a very small screened porch, so she can have her own living space and entry and entertain her friends in her own space.
    The middle level has the kitchen, living and dining rooms. Me and Mr. Rosie will have the entire upper level of 3 bedrooms, so even though the master bath is small, the other bath isn't, so I can have that one and he can have the tiny one. And I will take the bigger extra bedroom and make that a craft/office space for me and extra storage in the closet for my clothes and he can have the closet in the master which is small. (I don't understand why the master bedroom has the smallest closet)
    And the 3rd bedroom can be a guest room or something.
    So we'll all have our own space.

Mr. Rosie will get the basement for all his stuff and I will have an area down there to store seasonal decorations, etc.

Not sure how the dogs will deal with the stairs, but as it's a split level, you don't have to go up or down a full staircase unless you are on the top level going to the bottom or vice versa.

The laundry room is large too. The small screened porch off my daughter's area is perfect for her bunny and it has storm windows, so it can be winterized for Buns.

And basically all we need to move in is to buy blinds and curtains and maybe some area rugs for the living and dining room. So while we would probably make some improvements eventually, it's totally liveable for us at the moment without a huge investment into renovating (which is what Mr. Rosie wanted to do and I didn't).

The neighborhood is nice too and very quiet. It's on a dead end street and almost all the neighbors have been there 30 or more years.
    The house was built in the early 60's.
    It's also in a great centralized location for everyone as well as regards to work and school and there is a Fresh Market just up the street.

We move in on Oct. 15, so now I need to get busy packing and cleaning. But it will be so nice to not have stuff in storage anymore (and save money each month on the storage unit we are renting) and I can actually unpack everything that has pretty much been packed up for over 2 years.

Well I see it working out, and new meaning to Waldo is up the creek.

+ Reply to Thread