+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3171074;
    My daughter leaves at the end of the week for her freshman year at The University of Miami....she's been packed and ready to go for weeks and can't get there fast enough. To say that I'm having anxiety over this is a huge understatement. How could it have been so long ago that it was her first day of kindergarten and I got in my car and followed her school bus all the way there?
    Awhh, Bunny - Congratulations!!! Mine leaves on the 30th....I am freaking out but I wish my daughter was as organized as yours! I have been procrastinating the inevitable and went to Bed Bath and Beyond today and bought everything she'll need. I went alone so I could save money (she has very expensive taste on a very poor budget). Anyway, Bed Bath and Beyond has this program called Pack and Hold. It's similar to a bridal registry, I shopped with a personal shopper and chose all the items. You give them the name of the college and they have it all ready to go at the nearest Bed Bath and Beyond to the school. Amazing! My husband is taking her, I am staying home to send my son to his first day of high school! Wow, can't believe how time flies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3172763;
    Awhh, Bunny - Congratulations!!! Mine leaves on the 30th....I am freaking out but I wish my daughter was as organized as yours! I have been procrastinating the inevitable and went to Bed Bath and Beyond today and bought everything she'll need. I went alone so I could save money (she has very expensive taste on a very poor budget). Anyway, Bed Bath and Beyond has this program called Pack and Hold. It's similar to a bridal registry, I shopped with a personal shopper and chose all the items. You give them the name of the college and they have it all ready to go at the nearest Bed Bath and Beyond to the school. Amazing! My husband is taking her, I am staying home to send my son to his first day of high school! Wow, can't believe how time flies!!!

That is so cool! I've never heard of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3148749;
    Here's my newest grandson, Blake, who was born this evening at 7:08 and weighed in at 7 lbs 7 oz, 20" long. Mom and son are doing great.

Unk, I had no idea you were a grandpa again! I remember you telling me she was expecting, but it seems like you just told me that. That's what happens when you can't log in for an entire summer, I guess.
    What a handsome little guy. Congratulations, many times over.

It sounds like there's lots of good news going around lately. I hope everyone's good fortune continues.

I've had my own share of good news lately. My best news is that I got married over the summer to the most amazing guy in the world. We had our kids and just a few members of each of our familes with us. It was the highlight of the summer for the kids, who found the whole process fascinating and wanted to be included in everything. We wrote our own vows and the whole thing was really laid back, with us laughing and crying through the whole thing.

I'm starting school again on Monday, for the first time in ten years. I'm excited and thrilled at the opportunity and plan to make the most of it.

Lastly, my daughter was able to get into the same school as my stepchildren this fall. They had to be at separate schools last year, so they were all very jazzed about her getting in this year. She's actually in the same class as her stepbrother. Its cool to go pick her up and get to see the other kids as well. We share custody with their mom, so we have them half the time, but we sure miss them the other half of the time.

Anyway, that's my update. I'm about two weeks behind on Big Brother episodes (we were in Alaska for 2 1/2 weeks) so nobody tell me anything thats going on! I'm going to totally avoid the thread until we're caught up.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3173653;
    That is so cool! I've never heard of that.
    Isn't it? They've only been doing it for about 2 years. The best part is you pay for it when you pick it up and you don't have to purchase everything you scanned. For example, I scanned two blankets in different colors because I couldn't decide so that when my daughter goes to pick up the stuff, she can choose.

MRD

Luvsginger, that is a really cool thing. BB&B is a great store anyway.

Stargazer, Congrats on the summer nuptials, getting back to school and having the kids all in the same schools! Sounds like you had a most AWESOME summer!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congrats, Stargazer.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thanks Star and congrats to you and Paulie. I wish you many, many years of happiness and the best of luck in continuing your education.

Congratulations on your nuptials, stargazer!

Congrats on all your news, Stargazer! Good luck with all your new endeavors.

Congrats Stargazer!

+ Reply to Thread