+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

My son started his Jr year in High School today!! he's finally got something to do all day that doesn't require me driving him all over town!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Buglover, isn't it great when they're in school?!

CA, I'm glad you're feeling better and doing more and more! It's funny sometimes what we take for granted-I'm glad you're getting your "granted" back!

I've finally booked a flight to Las Vegas!!!!!!! I'm leaving September 10th!
    Doing the happy dance!!!!

Wow, Las Vegas will be awesome BBF!!!

Bug, how has your son been liking High School so far?

My big news: Walking with a walker (on my own), being able to get in and out of bed and out of my wheelchair with only the aide of the walker. It's coming more and more every day. Mostly now it's waiting on my muscles to get stronger and for me to put on weight! Soon enough I'll be able to lift my legs high enough to do stairs!!

My son loves school... I know, weird, but he does! I'm so glad to hear that you are getting stronger and doing things for yourself ca!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

CA, you are really making progress! That's great. Love hearing all your good news on that front. Keep it up, because we're all pulling for you. You'll have those stairs down in no time.

Buglover, it's great when kids love school. Makes life so much easier.
    A Junior huh? That was a fun year for me thinking back on it. I could drive which is why I think it was more fun than being a freshman or sophomore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yup, a Junior. I never even thought he'd make it to 10 years old the way he used to act!! He's a good kid, has a couple teenager issues but all in all he's doing well. Now if we can just get my freshman step-daughter to like school we'll be all set! She just started high school in our town and knows absolutely no one at the school. My son and her best friend go to a different school down the road and she didn't get put into the lottery until it was too late. Next year she most likely will go there so I hope she can get through this year.
    Yup, with donuts!!

There's nothing wrong with loving school. I absolutely loved it! Grade 9 was my worst year though. Which is why I asked how your son was enjoying it thus far. I found after grade 9 the rest of high school was smooth sailing. It seems that everything tends to happen in 9. I'm glad he made it through 9 and is now on the path for enjoying and making the most of his time because it does go by fast! (As do the 4 years for a BA in Uni)

MRD

Yep Buglover, there are times that I used to think one of us is not going to make it to her next birthday.

That's too bad about your stepdaughter. I hope she is able to make friends soon. Is she interested in sports or other extracurricular activities (drama, music, art, etc.) where she could make some friends with the same interests?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3169486;
    My son started his Jr year in High School today!! he's finally got something to do all day that doesn't require me driving him all over town!
    My son starts his Jr year on Wednesday. For some reason he thought he still had about 2 weeks of vacation left and was visibly shocked when I corrected him on that....He may have not been keeping track of that but I sure was

My daughter leaves at the end of the week for her freshman year at The University of Miami....she's been packed and ready to go for weeks and can't get there fast enough. To say that I'm having anxiety over this is a huge understatement. How could it have been so long ago that it was her first day of kindergarten and I got in my car and followed her school bus all the way there?

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;3170364;
    I've finally booked a flight to Las Vegas!!!!!!! I'm leaving September 10th!
    Doing the happy dance!!!!
    Well I know I don't need to tell you this but have a fantastic time BoBo
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread