+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I GOT THE JOB!!! Remember the multiple interviews that I've posted about for the past couple of weeks at the Cancer Center? Well, they called yesterday and made me an offer. I have to say, I was quite impressed with the offer - it was more than I was expecting - and I accepted the position!!! The next step will be for them to do a criminal background check, and then I have to go up there for three hours for a urine/drug test, a physical, and to fill out tons of paperwork . . . with my first day of work being August 18th. I will actually be a State of Texas employee, so the benefits are AMAZING - which is way cool!

I have admit, though, that I have conflicting emotions . . . I had worked for the same company for 15 years - the last four years from home, and since Mr. C works from home too, we are very used to being together 24/7 (and actually enjoy it!), and I'm really going to miss that. And although I am really excited about this new opportunity, it is in a field in which I have ZERO experience and there is going to be SO much to learn - especially medical terminology - and not having the "security" of already having that knowledge is kind of a scary thought for me, but I know that time and experience will take care of that.

But the upside - since we had downsized last year to one car, we had to go car shopping this past weekend - and we found me a 2002 Honda Accord (5-speed with a sunroof; 32 mpg/hwy.), and we were able to pay cash for it. Another upside - since I've worked from home for so long, my "work clothes" have consisted of shorts and t-shirts - so I have also had to go clothes shopping so that I will have something appropriate to wear in an office! And, while I usually hate shopping for clothes, I recently lost 34 lbs. and am at a really good weight, so it was actually kind of fun and not as scary as it usually is when I walk into a dressing room!

Anyway - I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the kind words and good advice these past couple of weeks!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Fantastic news, Chrelsey! New job, new car, new clothes, wonderful opportunity! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

chrelsey Congrats on your new job! And an excuse to go shopping You'll do great at your new job, so don't worry.

Congratulations, chrelsey... and all the brain science says that learning something completely new is really good for your brain.
    Count your blessings!

That's great news, chrelsey. Congratulations!

MRD

Congratulations Chrelsey. That is fabulous news. And the shopping sounds fun too.

Several years ago, I applied for an office position with an OB/GYN. They had already filled that slot and asked me if I wanted to be a medical assistant. I had zero experience, but I took the job anyway. They trained me and I LOVED IT! I had to learn a lot of medical terminology and how to take blood pressure, assist the doctors in minor procedures, and do blood draws (which actually became my favorite thing to do) etc. So don't worry about the medical side of learning. I found it interesting and enjoyable and picked it up rather quickly and I'm sure you will too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Congrats chrelsey! . It sure is scary to start at a new job, but that's also part of the excitment of it. You'll do great! And a new car and warderobe sounds great too

Way to go, chrelsey -- congratulations!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Congrats Chelsrey! New job, new car, new clothes. What a new and exciting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;3158117;
    I have to go up there for three hours for a urine/drug test
    Study hard and you'll do OK
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread