+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

Congrats, "grandpa" Unk!! He is gorgeous!

MRD, you are the "rosiest" person I know!

Schmoo2, I'm happy that your home is coming along so fast-we'll be in Oct/Nov before you know it!

My officemate is doing pretty good. Her prognosis is "hopeful", not "lost cause". She will have to get built up a bit before they even consider starting chemo. They still do not have a name/type of cancer-no one has ever seen anything like it. So, it's a waiting game. I always want answers now, am not patient, and want these drs to send specimens to other hospitals in the hopes that someone else would recognize the type, and can't understand why it's not being done. Anyway, she loved the socks (I got Eyeore too) and can't wait to get into a regular room. She was still in ICU. She's now been in this hospital 20 days. They do have insurance, but she said she isn't going to worry about a thing. Her quote is "it is what it is". Anyway, thanks for everyone thoughts and prayers!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3149069;
    Congrats, "grandpa" Unk!! He is gorgeous!

MRD, you are the "rosiest" person I know!

Schmoo2, I'm happy that your home is coming along so fast-we'll be in Oct/Nov before you know it!

My officemate is doing pretty good. Her prognosis is "hopeful", not "lost cause". She will have to get built up a bit before they even consider starting chemo. They still do not have a name/type of cancer-no one has ever seen anything like it. So, it's a waiting game. I always want answers now, am not patient, and want these drs to send specimens to other hospitals in the hopes that someone else would recognize the type, and can't understand why it's not being done. Anyway, she loved the socks (I got Eyeore too) and can't wait to get into a regular room. She was still in ICU. She's now been in this hospital 20 days. They do have insurance, but she said she isn't going to worry about a thing. Her quote is "it is what it is". Anyway, thanks for everyone thoughts and prayers!
    I like that and good for her for having a good attitude. That helps a lot.

I can't believe they dont' know what kind of cancer it is. I hope that hopeful is just that and she will be on the road to recovery very soon.
    Keep us posted.
    Glad she liked the socks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What an adorable baby, Unk! Congratulations to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3149069;
    Famita, I have heard of that before. They usually call it CUO - cancer of unknown origin.

I am glad that she is in good spirits and hope the kidney continues to function properly.

famita: That's good news! At least she's being taken care of in hospital and because it's something odd, they are paying attention and trying to diagnose it. Sending more healing energy her way!

Schmoo2: Congratulations on a new home! I'm sure you will really enjoy a brand new condo all to yourselves! That is also great that your kids want to rent the duplex! The extra money will be handy, not only for repairs or upgrades if needed, but will provide you with some fun money or a little extra to invest! Win win situation if I ever saw one!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Unk - that picture in "Simple Pleasures" made my heart all gooey.
    Count your blessings!

Congrats Unk he's a cutie.
    That's great mrd.

Well hubby and I are going up north for his family reunion.

Absolutely adorable Unk!!

MRD

I miss family reunions. We used to have them all the time. But unfortunately, all the people in the family that I liked the most at the reunions are all dead now. (the mean ones are all still alive, thus proving the phrase: "only the good die young".)

Have a fun time Shaybo.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

All of the family that wants to connect live here in California so our reunions are pretty frequent. The one who would rather just not speak to anyone lives far away so it works out.
    One of my grandmother's houses finally sold so now we just have to get the other one on the market and her wishes will be played out. That's good news because there was a timing stipulation in the trust.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread