+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Congrats Unk and MRD!!!!!!!

That's great news, MRD. I hope this is just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3144351;
    I have been asked to give a talk on the history of military rations and I will get PAID FOR IT!!!!

That is wonderful, mrd. Congratulations! Will you be posting this lecture on your blog as well? I really enjoyed the last one about the History of Southern Cooking.

And what did people do with all that jelly if they weren't using it on PB&J sandwiches?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3144416;
    That is wonderful, mrd. Congratulations! Will you be posting this lecture on your blog as well? I really enjoyed the last one about the History of Southern Cooking.

And what did people do with all that jelly if they weren't using it on PB&J sandwiches?
    People at jelly on toast and biscuits and things, but they had never mixed it with peanut butter before.

So thank a WWII vet for the PB&J.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Fantastic news, MRD! Can't wait to read it!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Please continue for a while longer. I can't go and see her until tomorrow (if I can get in), but she is having some difficulties. Her sister called to let me know that her remaining kidney is not yet working after the surgery, and that as of 2, she had not woken up yet. She is breathing on her own and they were able to get all of the tumor out. We should know by Monday what the prognosis is. I hope I didn't already write that...sorry if I did.

Update on the job interview - I received an e-mail from them this afternoon asking if I could come in Monday morning for a second interview with the doctor. Yea! I think that this is particularly good news because the Operations Manager had told me that the doctor would be interviewing another candidate today . . . so the fact that she wants to meet with me a second time - after having met with this other person - I think is good . . . right?

However, this is technically my third interview, since my first interview was with the Office Administrator and the Operations Manager, and the second was with the doctor that same afternoon. In both of those interviews we covered in great detail what my experience is, they shared quite extensively about what the job entails, and the doctor shared what her biggest needs/expectations were in her assistant. So I guess my question at this point is what is there left to cover? I want to prepare myself for this interview - in whatever way possible - but I honestly don't know what to expect or what there is to go over at this point. Any thoughts?
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Chrelsey, it could be that the dr wants to make sure you two are a good "fit", personality wise. I think it sounds promising! Good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;3144676;
    . . . So I guess my question at this point is what is there left to cover? I want to prepare myself for this interview - in whatever way possible - but I honestly don't know what to expect or what there is to go over at this point. Any thoughts?
    Generally, the second interview is when issues such as salary; policies regarding raises and promotions; and benefits such as health/dental insurance, vacation, holidays, sick leave, 401(k), etc., are discussed. Though that's usually with H.R. or their delegate.

Maybe, as famita said, it's to confirm that you and the doc are a good fit. If you've had a chance to read the article/paper written by the doctor, this would be a good time to ask good questions and make insightful comments.
    Last edited by Ellen; 07-25-2008 at 05:38 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3144709;
    Generally, the second interview is when issues such as salary; policies regarding raises and promotions; and benefits such as health/dental insurance, vacation, holidays, sick leave, 401(k), etc., are discussed. Though that's usually with H.R. or their delegate.

Maybe, as famita said, it's to confirm that you and the doc are a good fit. If you've had a chance to read the article/paper written by the doctor, this would be a good time to ask good questions and make insightful comments.
    When I first went in for testing and the pre-interview with HR a month-and-a-half ago, the HR rep covered all of those issues. I also don't think that it would be the doctor making me an offer either, (although I would like to think that!) because when I was originally in HR office, someone came in to pick up their offer letter. The HR offices are in a building a block or two down the road.

I did get the paper/article from their office late this afternoon - it is 24 pages long! Although there is a TON of medical lingo and terms that I don't understand, I do grasp the basic concept of what she is talking about, and I will read it several times before I go in so that hopefully I can make a somewhat intelligent comment!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

chresley, I would guess they are going to go over in detail what the job entails, give you a tour of the area you would be working (introducing you around) and then probably offer you the job. During all of that they will probably just be checking again to make sure your personalities match, especially if you are working closely together. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread