+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Fantastic FF!

Hey great news FF
    Well Hubby and I went on another Motorcycle ride, but we went further north, and we both had alot of fun.

Thats good news too Shaybo. Keep having fun and the world is a better place for you!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I wanted to share some good news for a change. I recently heard from both my son's church and the church I've been attending. When Matt died, we requested that donations be sent to his church in Georgia. I'd further asked when I sent the money for the church that I'd received that they use it in some way for music. Matt taught himself to play guitar and loved to sing. They received enough money to get a computer that puts words for praise songs. I think that was the perfect gift that will be able to keep on giving. The church that I attend now received money also from my family. They were the ones who stepped up when Matt's church up here decided that they couldn't accomodate us for Matt's funeral. Anyway, they were able to buy a computer also for the praise and worship service (to project the words of the songs) and will dedicate it the Sunday between Mother's Day and the weekend that my oldest son gets married. I feel so blessed. Even though it's sad, I think it's wonderful that something good is happening. There are better days ahead.

On a side note, does anyone know what a praise and worship service is? I have no idea what to expect. Sorry for my ignorance.

What wonderful news, famita. A praise and worship service is just what it sounds like... no fire and brimstone to be found. My good news is that I'm now walking without a crutch! Yea! I still use it on stairs, but that's the other good news - after 6 weeks of using the elevator at work and nobody doing laundry at home (*$@&#%!*) I am able to cautiously do stairs and am making myself alternate legs. Going down stairs is still scary. I have been doing a LOT of water exercises/swimming to get to this point and it feels good. I'm even going to try to do a little lawn mowing this weekend unless it starts to ache. I don't want to get too far behind.
    Count your blessings!

That's wonderful news famita.

Gut, it's really true, there is no rest for the weary. Take it easy and don't overdo it!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2983801;
    I wanted to share some good news for a change. I recently heard from both my son's church and the church I've been attending. When Matt died, we requested that donations be sent to his church in Georgia. I'd further asked when I sent the money for the church that I'd received that they use it in some way for music. Matt taught himself to play guitar and loved to sing. They received enough money to get a computer that puts words for praise songs. I think that was the perfect gift that will be able to keep on giving. The church that I attend now received money also from my family. They were the ones who stepped up when Matt's church up here decided that they couldn't accomodate us for Matt's funeral. Anyway, they were able to buy a computer also for the praise and worship service (to project the words of the songs) and will dedicate it the Sunday between Mother's Day and the weekend that my oldest son gets married. I feel so blessed. Even though it's sad, I think it's wonderful that something good is happening. There are better days ahead.

On a side note, does anyone know what a praise and worship service is? I have no idea what to expect. Sorry for my ignorance.
    That is great to hear. Praise and worship service is basically singing to God.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2984039;
    Gut, it's really true, there is no rest for the weary. Take it easy and don't overdo it!
    Darn! Too late for that advice. I mowed the huge (house lot size) side yard and uneven, pot holed front yard today and now I ache all over. Off to bed for me!
    Count your blessings!

Well, since you didn't take it easy, it's a good thing you're off to bed!

Good morning all! Happy Mother's Day to all our mothers. I was afraid I'd wake up this morning in a lot of pain, but I think all that exercise was just the ticket. I'm feeling much better than I have in 6 weeks of forced rest. I may even go out and finish up the back yard today. That one's a real bear though, because some summers I just let it go because it can't be seen from the street and we don't use it at all.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread