+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree783Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

bbnbama - Good luck with the driver's permit! My son just got his license in December. He has one of those restricted licenses for one year - no driving between midnight and 6 AM, only one other person in the car he's driving except for immediate family members living in the same house. He's been doing pretty well, and as far as we've been able to tell, he hasn't broken any of the rules. He's always home on time (because he knows if he's later than we say, we'll take the keys away!!!). It's a very stressful time. We worry and worry about them out there with all the other crazies on the road, but at the same time, it's actually easier, because I don't have to schedule appointments for him around my schedule. He can just drive himself!

Oh we are misskitty!! It's great not to feel like I'm freezing and feel somewhat warm.

Congrats to your son bama. It was a big deal when I got mine. I remember the day clearly still! It's even more amazing when it's the official license. That'll be a special day!

mrd, you definitely cannot beat $3!! What a steal!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2917867;
    Oh we are misskitty!! It's great not to feel like I'm freezing and feel somewhat warm.

Congrats to your son bama. It was a big deal when I got mine. I remember the day clearly still! It's even more amazing when it's the official license. That'll be a special day!

mrd, you definitely cannot beat $3!! What a steal!
    Thanks. I've been able to get hubby Docker pants and a couple Ralph Lauren shirts at Goodwill too for around $3-5 each. You CANNOT beat that!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh wow, where do you find your steals? Those are such great deals. That's pretty amazing, mrd. You must have patience for finding bargains. I surely don't.

Miss Kitty-love the flowers and congrats on the gig.

^I agree about the flowers . I thought it was a very pretty arrangement Miss Kitty .

I have two good news to share:

a. I got a really good raise at my job *happy dance, happy dance*. I'd been bummed out a while ago because I'd applied for a new position and didn't get it, and though I understood why I didn't get it, it was still a disappointment. Now of course I'm happy I stayed .

b. I'd gained a lot of extra weight last year, due mostly to hurting my heel and not being able to jog (well, that and eating chocolate almost every day ). This year I decided I wouldn't let myself gain any more weight and what's more, I'd go back to my normal weight, and I wouldn't go on a diet to do it. So yesterday, after about four months of going to the gym three to four times a week, power walking to and from my office most days, and sadly, making chocolate a "to be enjoyed in rare ocassions", I'd gone down 6 kg (I think it's about 14 pounds), bringing my BMI to a nice, even 22 . I'm really proud of myself.

Oh, and I'd almost forgotten, but yesterday I found out I'm getting about 600 dollars back from the tax authorities. Life is GOOD!!

Sounds like life's been good swingkat .....congrats on all the good news.
    CYA

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I have the house all to myself until Saturday night!

WOO HOO!

My son is at his dad's for Spring Break this week and my S.O. has just left to go to a conference in Orlando! I took off from work today and I'm going to clean the house really good (while checking into the FORT off and on ) and then for the rest of the week I'm going to kick back and watch what I want, stay on the computer all I want and do whatever I want.

I joked with my S.O. that he might want to text me while he's gone because I was going to be having so many loud parties that I wouldn't be able to hear the phone if he called!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2920326;
    Oh wow, where do you find your steals? Those are such great deals. That's pretty amazing, mrd. You must have patience for finding bargains. I surely don't.
    I dont have much patience, but my daughter LOVES to go to Goodwill, so I'm usually waiting for her to look at EVERYTHING and occasionally find the "good" stuff.

I don't always find something, but I have been able to locate the two Goodwill stores that seem to have the "best" stuff and we manage to make it to them about once or twice a month. I do have to go through a lot of junk, but their clothes are hung by size so that helps. I just look through the sizes me and my husband wear and sometimes I get a nugget and a lot of times I find nothing. But when I do find a nugget, it makes my day!!!

Swingkat, congrats on everything, sounds like you have a reason to celebrate. I hear Bbnbama is having loud parties this week, maybe you can make it to one of hers to celebrate all your goodnews.

Bbnbama, Have fun. I so enjoy being alone for short periods. Now dont go overboard on the cleaning, remember to enjoy yourself too! And what time is the party????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Great news everyone! I also enjoy having my "alone" time, but I don't clean,...I read.

My good news is that I finally received my son's corrected death certificate about a month sooner than what I'd originally heard. Hopefully in a few months we will be able to have our closure in a few areas.

+ Reply to Thread