+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2912087;
    MRD - I wonder if you couldn't get college credit for your lectures... if you know where you want to go eventually, you can take courses and then use them later toward a degree when you get around to it. What's the word I'm looking for when you do something for credit outside of a class curriculum on your own? I bet if you had an appointment with a history department chair, your enthusiasm would carry you far and you'd make some good contacts.
    The museum historian is also a professor at Furman University. I'll ask her about it. But I had already thought that I should be getting credit for this one way or another. Thanks Gut.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Independent study. That's what I couldn't think of yesterday. Most colleges and universities offer it.
    Count your blessings!

Most do offer it. It's definitely worth looking into mrd. Perhaps something even greater will come out of this already fantastic experience.

I had my six month evaluation at work this week, and I got a wonderful review. I'm just thrilled because I really like my job. It was also nice to hear that my coworkers had noticed and appreciated the changes I had made.

Also, I had the most wonderful dinner last night. There's a restaurant about 5 minutes from my house that is run by a family from the 9th ward in New Orleans who were displaced by Hurricane Katrina. It's called A Taste of New Orleans, and I don't think there is one low calorie or low fat item on the menu. I got the jambalaya/pork chop platter which included 2 fried pork chops, a huge serving of jambalaya, smooth potato salad, and large serving of corn bread. For $12.50! It was really good, and I'm terrified for the state of my wasteline. The restaurant is too close for comfort.

MRD

Congrats BT on both the good review and the good restaurant experience. There is a New Orleans restauant here I've been wanting to try. Now you have my mouth watering and I want to go.

The school I hope to be attending soon, does offer independent study, so let's hope that they will accept this. I am finally getting my transcripts released next week to the school, so I should know in about 6 weeks, what I can transfer, what I may have to retake and definetly when I can start school. I'm so excited. I've been waiting to do this for almost a year now.

Shaybo: Lumpy and bumpy isn't so bad as long as they are the "right" lumps and bumps - healthy ones! I'm glad that it's overwith and your 'gurls' are just fine!

MRD: What great news! I hadn't heard of Independent Study. Good luck on the next lecture!!

Brunette Trixie: Congrats on your fabulous evaluation! It's great when people notice you are doing well, and actually tell you as well... clap.
    And my, your dinner sounded just awesome.
    -------
    My little good news is that I saw my first Robin outside yesterday, and I heard the jingle songs of an ice cream truck! Made it really feel like spring....except for the snow still on the lawn and weather reports of flurries for Monday.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

mrd, congratulations on the independent studies and getting together your transcripts. School is such a wonderful adventure. Especially when you can study what you are truly interested in and not all the required courses.

BT, congrats on your evaluation! I agree with misskitty that it's a wonderful feeling when people notice how well you are doing!

misskitty, the birds have been chirping here too, but thus far no signs of ice cream trucks. I hope that you don't get those flurries tomorrow. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2915791;
    ...misskitty, the birds have been chirping here too, but thus far no signs of ice cream trucks. I hope that you don't get those flurries tomorrow. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.
    Thank you! It hit 21C today (70F-ish)!! WOO HOO! But we're expecting possible flurries or rain Monday. I hope you are enjoying some fine spring weather!

My little good news is that I went shopping with my twin sinister and found her a very nice polka-dot blouse and white sweater; both for 30% off, and they fit! She's very difficult to shop for, but for some reason, I tend to be her "shopping fairy god-sister"!

The best part is I didn't spend a penny on anything for me. I don't need more clothes. I would like more clothes, but I don't need them. Besides, I find that Goodwill has much better prices!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I forgot to post this but my son got his drivers permit! He was so excited!!! He doesn't hound me about wanting to drive all the time either! He's been a good driver so far!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2916592;
    I forgot to post this but my son got his drivers permit! He was so excited!!! He doesn't hound me about wanting to drive all the time either! He's been a good driver so far!
    Congrats and sending you "calming thoughts" for when he does drive you.

Miss Kitty, congrats on finding your sister clothes on sale. I'm like you, Goodwill is great. I have now been able to find some great things in there since I lost weight. I recently bought a sarong style summer skirt that STILL HAD THE TAGS ON IT, for $3. I wore it recently and got all kinds of compliments, but I kept it a secret where I had bought it. I also pick up a LOT of books at my local Goodwill stores. Can't beat the prices on those at all.

+ Reply to Thread