+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2898765;
    myrosiedog: It's probably actually tacky to put real flowers and silk flowers together, but I needed a bright pick-me-up after the snowstorm and dreary weather and couldn't afford a real boquet. And you, my dear, are indeed a celebrity! Can you post a photo of the CD cover?

canadian angel: I don't do real tattoos; just bodypaint or glitter tattoos. I can't find a some designs that I want so I'm going to try to make the stencils from scratch. Time will tell if it works out!
    I just saw the mockup of the cover, but when I get the actual CD, I'll scan it.

The band is called Cherry Dillenger and they have a myspace sight with some of their songs on it if anyone is interested.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

I have been asked to do another lecture at the museum and I haven't even given my first one yet (it's set for June). I'm really having fun doing the research and writing my first one and I think my 2nd one will be fun too. And I'm keeping all my notes and research as I think that I could expand this for college work in the future.
    My first one is on the roots of Southern cooking and the 2nd one I've been asked to do is on Southern speech and idioms (or idiots as I prefer to think of some of the things I've heard some out of the mouths of people in my lifetime. )
    My family says I'm so excited because I love to lecture and be the center of attention and what better way than to give a talk and everyone that comes HAS to listen to me. Ha! (but I think it's probably true.)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd, what a wonderful offer and opportunity. I bet it's wonderful exploring all of the different avenues of research and what a wonderful way to give back!

That's fabulous news myrosiedog!! Congrats and good luck on your lecture! I'm sure the audience will be transfixed by your knowledge and your personality!

My bit of good news is that my older sinister and hubby met my sweetie on their way home from the mountains! He had them over for coffee and pie (my suggestion of course) and got to see his home which they only saw in photos! They had a great time and I'm glad.

Oh, and it's sunny and warm! The temperature is going up to 20C (about 70F) Sunday. It will probably then drop and we'll have snow Monday, but that's ok! I'm wearing thongs on my feet already!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

From the sounds of it misskitty, the meeting went well! Hopefully it's a great sign of things to come.

Congrats Miss Kitty.
    Well my good news is that everything came back ok. I'm just "lumpy and bumpy," and yes thats what the Doctor said, although I will have to go back in six months for another mamogram and ultrasound.

I was told I was lumpy and bumpy at 25 years old. I would have like a more clinical sounding diagnosis!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

The way he said it was, "My God girl you are lumpy and bumpy." He said it so loud that I thought my dead Grandparents in New England heard him.

MRD - I wonder if you couldn't get college credit for your lectures... if you know where you want to go eventually, you can take courses and then use them later toward a degree when you get around to it. What's the word I'm looking for when you do something for credit outside of a class curriculum on your own? I bet if you had an appointment with a history department chair, your enthusiasm would carry you far and you'd make some good contacts.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2912066;
    The way he said it was, "My God girl you are lumpy and bumpy." He said it so loud that I thought my dead Grandparents in New England heard him.
    I really think that type of thing is just wrong. While it may make us feel better or worse......it's almost like making a joke about our lumpy breasts. I say no more!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread