+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Parents are fantastic!!! Well, heh, at least my mom is. Can't you tell we have a special relationship? I'm glad you'll get to visit with yours Shaybo!

MRD

Cheddar, that's great news. You should send it in to the Oatmeal people as a testimonial (they may even send you coupons for more oatmeal. )

Shay, enjoy the parental visit.

Buglover, enjoy your weekend.

My good news is that I FINALLY got to have a beer!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd cheers!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar;2876276;

My good news is that Mr. Cheddar and I (inspired by commercials during the Biggest Loser, no doubt) took the Quaker 30 day challenge. Except we did it for 2 months....We got our cholesterol checked (full lipid panel) before and after at the doctor's office. His total dropped 24 points and mine dropped 20. Yay!!!
    Meowza! Congratulations! That is fabulous news.

Shaybo: Have fun with your folks!!

myrosiedog: Oh, a beer sounds good right about now.

My little good news is that I went to the Goodwill store and found a couple of t-shirts for summer that are like new! And a couple pairs of pants I can wear around the house and yard so I can get out of pyjamas and stop wearing out my good jeans which are wearing out and turning into my bad jeans (I only have 2 pair).

Now I need to get my clothes that no longer fit into bags so I can donate them to Goodwill in exchange! One bag in, means one bag out!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

That's great miss kitty
    mrd I'm so happy for you. Why did you have to stop drinking beer?

My parents will be here April 17th and leave the 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2877122;
    My good news is that I FINALLY got to have a beer!
    Mmmm, the first frosty beer on a patio in the spring is sooooooo good. Not quite warm enough here for patio drinking, but maybe soon!

I'm actually a bit sad, but I'm posting this in the good news thread anyway. Today was the last day for the class I was teaching (my first crack at actually teaching--80 first years in engineering) and I'm a bit bummed that I won't get to 'entertain' them anymore! It was the first time this class was offered so it was definitely challenging since there was very little material to work from, but I enjoyed prepping lectures and activities to keep them busy all term. The good news is that several students made a point of seeing me after class to thank me! I truly enjoyed teaching the class so their gratitude was just a bonus for me!
    Don't let the small things sweat

Hey Spoose its great to know that you'r appriciated. Well Saturday and Monday I trained a newbie on my floor, and it was great she knew her stuff, she was great with the patients and family members, and she wasn't afraid to do things on her own. I told my floor manager that he did a good job hiring her.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;2892223;
    Mmmm, the first frosty beer on a patio in the spring is sooooooo good. Not quite warm enough here for patio drinking, but maybe soon!

I'm actually a bit sad, but I'm posting this in the good news thread anyway. Today was the last day for the class I was teaching (my first crack at actually teaching--80 first years in engineering) and I'm a bit bummed that I won't get to 'entertain' them anymore! It was the first time this class was offered so it was definitely challenging since there was very little material to work from, but I enjoyed prepping lectures and activities to keep them busy all term. The good news is that several students made a point of seeing me after class to thank me! I truly enjoyed teaching the class so their gratitude was just a bonus for me!
    Congratulations on such an enjoyable teaching experience!!

My good news is the opposite of yours! Heh, today was my last day of class. I had a presentation and a paper to hand in. Now all I have left is one more paper and a final. Then there's the whole pesky thing about having class May-end of July.

However, the BEST NEWS is that tomorrow (Friday), I am going HOME for over a month!!! I'm driving back for my final and to hand my paper in (both on the same day) with my Mom! Tomorrow I'm also going for lunch with two people who I met in my program that have made my time here truly special. So it's going to be a fantastic day for me.

I won't even need a drink to celebrate. Natural high!

mrd, I'm glad you finally got your beer!! I do not care for the taste, but give me a fruity vodka drink and I'm in.

Hey everyone, I'm glad to hear about your good news!!

I didn't have a beer today. I had an ice cold rye and coke with popcorn!
    Meowza, did that ever hit the spot!

Actually, I guess my good news is that I found a great train case at Zellers to hold all my glitter tattoo stuff. Those are hard to find unless it's Christmas!

Oh, also, I installed a brand new doorbell on the front door. The old one shattered in the minus 40C temp. this winter.

And I successfully screwed in a footstep onto a folding chair I bought at IKEA to use for facepainting. It worked! I had a mighty "handy" dandy day!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

There was not one bill in my mailbox yesterday.....just a baby shower invitation. Now that's a good day!
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread