+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I hope you have good weather ScoutMom. My son was in scouting for 7 years and never once went on a camping trip or to a jubilee were it did not pour the entire time.

Buglover, next party I have, you're at the top of the guest list. Mr. bug can come too but we're all loud around here so better forewarn him. Oh, and bring some of that guacamole please
    CYA

You got it Bunny!! I love parties!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2869034;
    I take a peek in here and see you guys and gals are talking about drinking and camping: 2 of my favorite things!

ScoutMom, how wonderful for you to take your group on a trip, especially at that age when they have so much going on!

MRD, I'm like you when it comes to entertaining. If I have people over, I have some kind of appetizer or something to nibble on. I'm kind of a dip enthusiast. I'm always making different dips and my friends and guests have come to expect them. One time I had friends over and I made cookies and everyone was mad that I didn't have dip. What an exciting life I lead.
    ASHLEY!!!!
    I LOVE Dip. I guess you could say I'm a dip enthusiast too.
    Please share some of your dip recipes in the recipe thread. I'm always looking for good new dips.

We have a saying that comes from an old, old, old, old SNL skit. "Mmmmm, dip" You had to have seen the skit. But the line still resonates at every party.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh what fun! Dip! And drinking! And visiting! Count me in!

My little bit of good news is that I registered my sweetie and I for a bodypainting workshop by Pashur. He's an amazing artist who rarely comes to Canada.

The not so good news is I need an airbrush and compressor for the class which I didn't know, I don't have and can't afford. Gotta get this worked out somehow. I didn't realize it was all going to be airbrush. I thought he would do one day at least on sponge and brush techniques.

to see Pasur`s work go to Canvas Alive
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fan

My good news is that Mr. Cheddar and I (inspired by commercials during the Biggest Loser, no doubt) took the Quaker 30 day challenge. Except we did it for 2 months. I mixed walnuts in with the oatmeal for extra omega 3. And we also started eating salmon two nights a week in place of meat on those nights, and drastically reducing egg and red meat intake. We've always eaten whole grain pasta and bread, so we didn't have to change those habits. I did add ground flax seed to our fruit smoothies during the 60 days also (Mr. Cheddar grumbled about this but drank them anyway). We also added red wine to our dinners.

We got our cholesterol checked (full lipid panel) before and after at the doctor's office. His total dropped 24 points and mine dropped 20. Yay!!!

Is it bad to say that we're celebrating with a meat lovers deep dish pizza?

That's quite an accomplishment, Cheddar - congratulations!

FORT Fan

Thank you. I am really excited about it. Mr. Cheddar is willing to continue the salmon and red wine, but he wants to lay off on the oatmeal a bit. Really, it's quite a large portion if you follow the quaker plan. I don't want to just go back to the same old habits, or the numbers will go back up. So maybe oatmeal 3 days a week would help us maintain? We'll have to see. I'm pretty sure there would be a full scale rebellion if I tried to make him eat oatmeal every day for the rest of his life. :-) But I want his heart to be healthy!

Way to go Cheddar! Amazing accomplishment. Simple changes and a HUGE impact! It's not bad to celebrate with a little bit o' pizza at all!! Hehe.

Hey scoutmom have a great time on your camping trip.

Well I've got some news my parents are coming to visit on the 17th of April. I can't wait for them to see our new place, but first we're going to repaint the cabinates to make the kitchen a little bit brighter.

That's good Shaybo II! Parents coming can be a good thing!! Sometimes they might even give some money for repairs and such.

My good news.......it's FRIDAY!! With so many issues going on with our work server, it'll be nice to not have to log in for 2 days just to find out things aren't working!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread