+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2867288;
    I got a little tipsy and according to mr buglover got a little loud and wouldn't let anyone talk which isn't true. The neighbor and I were discussing ex's and kids and he wasn't actually talking to anyone but me. We both got a little loud, not screaming loud, just a little loud and mr buglover actually was irritated with me when we went home. Let's just say he apologized the next day and said he was being selfish when he said that. (I think he wants to be the center of attention alot)..lol
    Doesn't everyone get a bit deaf when they drink? And a bit louder when they're empassioned in a big discussion? I'm glad mr. buglover apologized and you made up. He was probably just feeling a bit left out.

starburst: Enjoy your day out!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Mr buglover is a Capricorn and a very opinionated person. He knows everything about everything and over the years I've learned not to argue with him. If he thinks he's right, it doesn't really harm me to just let him go with it. Between the wine and the late evening, I was cranky and he was feeling left out but I too am glad we made up. We argue a little, but usually it's over in an hour because it's never worth holding onto an argument.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Heh, buglover, sounds like you had a fantastic ol' time! Good for you!

I always have a fantastic time no matter where I am!!! I love get togethers!
    Yup, with donuts!!

My good news - my husband and I started a Venturing Crew (it's a branch of Scouting for boys and girls age 14-21) about a year ago. Because the youth are older, a lot of them have jobs, so it's very difficult to find a weekend to go camping when all (or most) are available. But we finally did it! We're going on a Venturing-only weekend with some other Crews in the area. It should be a blast. We got about half of the youth going, which is pretty good. I'm really looking forward to it. One of the girls is a former Girl Scout and she went camping with them, but that was only in cabins. This is tent camping, so it's a new experience for her. Another girl has never been camping and she's kind of prissy, so this should be really interesting!! The others are experienced Boy Scouts. And three adults. It's the first weekend in April - I hope we have good weather!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2867850;
    What a fantastic attitude! I love get togethers. But lately all mine seem to have gone very poorly. One we were promised supper and asked to bring appetizers if we wanted. When we got there, there was NO supper and only a few of us brought any food. We ate my entire veggie tray. Usually there's at least half left. A few have also left a lot to be desired socially. I don't find it fun when the hostess gets incredibly drunk on 2 bottles of wine by herself.

ScoutMom, I'm definitely not in to camping or "roughing it" either (ala your prissy gal), but it sounds like it'll be a blast. I hope you have a great time with WARM weather!

Yeah, warm weather would be nice. But we have one more meeting before the event, so we'll be going over ways to keep warm in cold weather and making sure everyone has a heavy sleeping bag. It'll be fun no matter what. The youth just like to get away from their parents for a weekend. Well - that works for all of them except my son! But we have a deal. When he joined Boy Scouts, I asked him if he minded if I camped, because they used to go to some really cool places. He said he didn't care as long as I didn't talk to him. So I didn't talk to him and everything worked out fine!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2867850;
    Me too! I am a social butterfly.
    I love being around people and love to go to parties.

BT, that's too bad about the get togethers. Yeah, its no fun when the hosts get blotto or don't have food. I would NEVER NOT have food. It's just not programmed into me to not serve food ever to a guest.

Scoutmom, that sounds like fun. My co-girl scout leader and her son and daughter did Venturing after I quit as GS leader of our troop. They really enjoyed it.

I like to camp and would love to go now that the weather is so nice here. But I couldn't do it for more than a weekend if I was "roughing" it.
    But I have gone with only tents and dug latrines and still had a great time. But by Sun. afternoon was ready for a shower!
    Last edited by MRD; 03-25-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I always make or buy way too much food for get togethers rather than not have enough food.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I take a peek in here and see you guys and gals are talking about drinking and camping: 2 of my favorite things!

ScoutMom, how wonderful for you to take your group on a trip, especially at that age when they have so much going on!

MRD, I'm like you when it comes to entertaining. If I have people over, I have some kind of appetizer or something to nibble on. I'm kind of a dip enthusiast. I'm always making different dips and my friends and guests have come to expect them. One time I had friends over and I made cookies and everyone was mad that I didn't have dip. What an exciting life I lead.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread