+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 829 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151551 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congratulations sleepy for being accepted in the Culinary Institute

And congratulations Jluvs on your teaching certification
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I love reading everyone's good news on this thread. I finally have some of my own to share!

I start a new job next week! I will be back on my career path instead of just working to pay the rent. Granted it's a lower position than I was in a few years ago, so I'm obviously on a roundabout on the path, but I'm completely psyched. Thanks to all the FORTies who just in their mere existence cheer me up.

Could does not mean should

Congrats JLuv on your certification and congrats to our future pastry chef! I'll have to come down to sample your works and make sure you're on the right path

As for me, I have complained long and hard in the troubles thread about my job, and I finally left. Things got SOOO much worse than they were, and I said forget about it and walked over to HR for an exit interview that day (with a typed letter) and today was my last day. I'm relieved. I got renewed at the college where I teach one class a week, so will do that one class for the summer and have some other freelance projects to work on and my tax refund should cover the Cobra, so I feel secure and very much releived. I get my teaching certification soon and will begin full-time at a middle/high school in the fall. (for a hint at how much worse it got, someone started supergluing flyers all over the hospital stating that a secretary had a mental illness (using her full name). Peices are still up all over the place and the administration did nothing about it. And this is a top ranked hospital?)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    I finally have some significant good news to report!

I've been accepted to the French Culinary Institute in New York!!! I'll be studying Pastry Arts starting in August. It's gonna be expensive but I'm sure it'll be worth every penny the bank loans me.

sleepy! That is such great news! What an incredible opportunity for you. We sure will miss 'round the Bay Area though.

Premium Member
    Jluv and sleepy! That is great news, congrats!

FORT Fogey
    sleepy- its awesome that you're going to FCI. I've always dreamed about going there to become a pastry chef, but my parents insist on me getting a college education first. Have tons of fun there!

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Parent Teacher conference went good.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

8 days and 4 more exams and I am officially done my third year of University and summer came begin

Other good news, I have finally made it past the 100 post mark!

Well as of this morning at just about 9am I'm officially legally single Afte 2 1/2 years of being separated from my husband I finally filed the divorce papers a couple of months ago and had my final hearing this morning to set me free back into the single pool. Somebody find me a date now 'k?

+ Reply to Thread