+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I feel like I have died and gone to heaven. My son came home today with a note from the teacher saying, "NO HOMEWORK THIS WEEK!!!" I feel like I have been back in elementary school every since this school year started. With this being his first TAKS testing year, they have just piled on the homework since day one. On top of that they have just diagnosed my son as a severe dyslexic. Finally, it is such a relief to have a reason as to why he can't read!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;2822618;
    I feel like I have died and gone to heaven. My son came home today with a note from the teacher saying, "NO HOMEWORK THIS WEEK!!!" I feel like I have been back in elementary school every since this school year started. With this being his first TAKS testing year, they have just piled on the homework since day one. On top of that they have just diagnosed my son as a severe dyslexic. Finally, it is such a relief to have a reason as to why he can't read!
    I remember feeling the same way with my daughter and all her homework. I used to think: "this is NOT fair! I've already been there done that with my own school life and now hers too".

Enjoy your homework free week and I'm glad they've found out what's the matter so that you can work with your son now to improve his reading. I know several people that have overcome dyslexia. Good luck to both of you.

My good news is that I think I met a new friend that isn't a freak.
    She volunteers at the museum and we have hit it off and have a lot in common. She had an extra ticket to see Smokey Robinson on Sat. and unfortunately I couldn't go.
    But we are getting together tomorrow afternoon at her house to just gab. And she has a daughter, my daughter's age, so there is the possibility of my daughter making a new friend. At least the girls are the same age, so its not that I have to deal with a friend with young kids again. (see koffee klatch from a week or so ago. I am just not up to socializing with children anymore and am glad to have a friend my age with older kids)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Meowza. No homework for the weekend and finding a great new friend (or two). Congrats Melitta and myrosiedog!

I haven't had a confirmation yet on the facepainting gig. The lady wasn't sure what was wanted; I don't think she has dealt with entertainers at her party planning before. I sent a big e-mail explaining the differences of face painting, cheek art, bodypainting, temporary tattoos, airbrush and painted, as well as glitter tattoos. So we'll see what the client really wants.

The good news, though, is I suggested she consider hiring my sweetie as a caricaturist for the party too. She checked out his website and was impressed so she's asked him for a quote as well! I'm not sure if we'll both be hired, but hopefully, one of us will get the job!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm so glad MRD!! (about the friend) I know that's something you've been wishing for.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2823690;
    I'm so glad MRD!! (about the friend) I know that's something you've been wishing for.
    Thank you. We had such a good time. She is so funny and we are so much alike. She has her pecularities, but they seem to match mine, so I guess that's ok.

And her daughter and mine are almost exactly the same age and seem well suited, so we are going to try to get the girls together too and see if that works out.

She is going through a divorce and is dealing with it well, but is in the process now of packing up her old house and getting it ready to sell, so she is kind of busy now. But I think she and I will have a lot of fun in the future.
    She is definetly not as hung up and uptight as a lot of the people I've met here in the conservative, bible belt South.

I went to Save-On Foods to pick up a quart of milk and while I was in the 10 items or less checkout, a store lady came by and gave whoever was in our line a FREE NY Cheesecake frozen chocolate ice cream cake!! I had been leftover from Valentines they wouldn't have been able to sell them. WOO HOO! 5 seconds sooner or later and I wouldn't have received one.

I passed on the good karma and gave my Dad a big chunk to have with Mom, and another chunk to my sinister.

I just love surprises in life like that. myrosiedog; you and your new friend are invited over to share the rest of the ice cream cake!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2825053;
    I went to Save-On Foods to pick up a quart of milk and while I was in the 10 items or less checkout, a store lady came by and gave whoever was in our line a FREE NY Cheesecake frozen chocolate ice cream cake!! I had been leftover from Valentines they wouldn't have been able to sell them. WOO HOO! 5 seconds sooner or later and I wouldn't have received one.

I passed on the good karma and gave my Dad a big chunk to have with Mom, and another chunk to my sinister.

I just love surprises in life like that. myrosiedog; you and your new friend are invited over to share the rest of the ice cream cake!
    I'll be right there! Love to get free stuff out of the blue like that. What a nice surprise.

My new friend called and invited my daughter and I out to dinner with her daughter tonight.

I'm so excited. It's weird, but I almost feel like I'm dating again.
    Well hard to explain. But its nice to have met someone that I have so much in common and that wants to see me again as I've met a few people here, done stuff with them and then never really hear from them again. I know I'm not THAT bad. But still it was nice to meet someone I've hit it off with right away and that is a lot of fun.

And to think I had resigned myself to sitting at home and watching he season premiere of Ghost Hunters tonight and eating leftovers.

misskitty - cheesecake . I would love that kind of surprise!

myrosie - enjoy your "date" tonight . I know what you mean though. I'm sure ya'll will have a great time.

My good news - I passed the state exam to be a Certified Nursing Assistant! I am so excited. I was stressing about it for weeks and now it's over and I can finally look for a job in healthcare, which is the field I really want to be in. Now I'm waiting to hear from the tech school to see if I got in for the Practical Nursing classes that start at the end of the month.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Archie, congrats!!! That's fantasic!

MRD, your friend sounds cool!

And misskitty...wow! FREE CHEESECAKE? That would make me happy for a week or so.

misskitty: Love cheesecake, so that is indeed a wonderfully delightful surprise!

mrd: I mentioned it in the KK thread, but I'm so happy for you for you to have found a new friend with whom you're getting along so well. I know what it's like to find new friends and it really is like a form of dating. Have fun tonight

Archie: Congrats on passing!!

+ Reply to Thread