+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

veejer- How wonderful for your son. He must be thrilled.

famita - So glad that you're on the road to recovery and cancer-free to boot.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Awesome news famita!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

myrosiedog: Have fun at the reception! Let us know all about it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Hey Fam that's great news. Well I just found out that sometime in May my parents will be coiming to see hubby and I. Well actually they'll be making the rounds so to speak

MRD

The reception was so-so. The author was very pretentious and I decided I could do without her book so I left early. I only knew a couple people there. Everyone else seemed nice, but it just wasn't my thing. Oh well, it got me out of the house for a bit.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well my good news is that I have finally gotten all caught up with the postings in the "Off-Topics" forums that I read here on the FORT!

Last week, on Valentine's Day my family flew to Puerto Rico for a surprise 80th birthday party for my mom. Her actual bday was on Sunday. We got back home on Tuesday and I have been sick ever since with a chest cold. I haven't spent much time on the computer and it has taken me this long just to catch up. Still have to look in the Other TV show section and the reality show sections, but I will get to them eventually.

The surprise party for mom was a real blast though. My dad somehow pulled it off; we have been planning it since last August. All seven of us kiddies were on hand, along with our spouses and most of the grandchildren. Even my mom's two nieces, one of her nephews and three of their kids were on hand to celebrate. All together we numbered 36! Three nieces and two nephews couldn't make it. When Dad turned 80 almost 3 years ago, we had his party in NJ at my sister's house and over 250 of my relatives (four generations) were on hand, so this was a small party by my family's standards!

We all stayed at the same hotel and had so much fun catching up with everyone. We are scattered all over the country (CA, WA, NY, NJ), so get-togethers do not happen all that often. On Sunday night, Dad reserved a private dining room and we had a really great party for the birthday girl. We even got her down to the pool a couple of times and onto the beach as well. She had such a blast.

The weather was lovely...sunny, in the 80's. We left here where it was a balmy 9 degrees and drove to the airport through a wintry mix. Came home to 11 degrees and more crummy winter weather. It has been snowing here all day today, but everytime I look in the mirror, I still get a kick out of seeing my sunburn.....and I got that after globbing on hard-core 50 SPF sunscreen! I can finally glob on some Vick's vaporub on my chest and that has helped immensely.

I do admit, though, that I lugged my daughter's laptop down and back and never once logged on....even though there were times I was tempted. There was just too much catching up with everyone to hunker down with the laptop.

What fun MamaC! Famita - I'm so relieved for you. Now get well soon.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2807697;
    The reception was so-so. The author was very pretentious and I decided I could do without her book so I left early. I only knew a couple people there. Everyone else seemed nice, but it just wasn't my thing. Oh well, it got me out of the house for a bit.
    For some reason I am picturing you at this reception using a Waldo voice in your head -- Gotta go gotta go gotta go....

mamac - get well soon
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2807876;
    For some reason I am picturing you at this reception using a Waldo voice in your head -- Gotta go gotta go gotta go....

yep, that was about right.

THis may sound bad on my part, but what I kept thinking was: "SHE wrote a book??? AND got it published??? I could do THAT and be more gracious".

Of course, I've never even tried to write a book, but if I did, I KNOW I'd be a lot less pretentious and nicer to my "public".

I did graze the goodies at the refreshment table. I would have indulged in the wine, but I was driving.
    So there was that high spot.
    And I did get out of the house. So it wasn't ALL bad.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I'm going for a one-hour massage tomorrow!

+ Reply to Thread