+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

thanks kids.... my daughter started today I'm waiting to hear from her.

congrats to the new aunties! I love the names.

It's great being an auntie.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Congratualtions Auntie Bbnbama and Auntie Chrelsey!
    That must be so exciting!

I've never been an auntie, and realistically probably never will.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Congratulations to the new Aunts!

Enjoy those sweet babies while they are babies! Our niece is 14 and won't talk to us unless she needs computer help. Our nephew is 9 and adorable, but he was a lot more fun when he was a toddler!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I finally got my old computer off the computer desk, taken apart, and my new one put on the desk. So now my living room actually looks like a living room and the table is bare so Mr. Tootles can have his favorite grooming spot back!

My Dad's taking the memory chip, new fan, and hard drive out of the tower, the good speakers, and my sister will probably take the monitor as it's better than one of her older ones.

Otherwise I would have had to take it to the computer recycle place and pay to leave it.

The only problem I have is my printer isn't connecting with the new computer, so I may have to look into downloading a new driver since I now have Vista. Will look into that later. Tooo tired to do anymore today.

More new aunties! Congratulations. It's wonderful. Such sweet, innocent babes are here!

My own bit of good news, I finished a complete draft of my thesis proposal. It's only a draft and I'll still have to make revisions, but it's completed and I'm on my way to defending!

Congrats canadian_angel! Good luck with your defence (been there, done that, know what you're going through)! What/where are you studying? (I'm in the province with the really long name, too!).
    Don't let the small things sweat

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2782944;
    My own bit of good news, I finished a complete draft of my thesis proposal. It's only a draft and I'll still have to make revisions, but it's completed and I'm on my way to defending!
    Woo Hoo! Congratulations! I've never had to do a thesis but know how huge that is! Meowza! How much time do you have to complete it?

Spoose: You live next door, just east of me! I'm in the province with all the oil

Well, today I checked my school email, and evidently... I have been nomitaed to be a student speaker at my graduation in March. The email said that I was nominated because of my acedemic record and/or because of a recommondation by my program director. If I am interested, I have to email the person who emailed me back.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;2783056;
    Congrats canadian_angel! Good luck with your defence (been there, done that, know what you're going through)! What/where are you studying? (I'm in the province with the really long name, too!).
    I'm at the UofS doing my MEd in School and Counselling Psych. I want to go the registration with the College of Psychologists route. I'm going to be studying cyberbullying. Where/what are you studying?! Wouldn't it be funny if we're at the same place?!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2783120;
    Woo Hoo! Congratulations! I've never had to do a thesis but know how huge that is! Meowza! How much time do you have to complete it?

Spoose: You live next door, just east of me! I'm in the province with all the oil
    Thanks! It's just my rough draft, but I have up to 5 years to complete my entire thesis. That includes actually carrying out the experiment and writing up the results. I want to finish in two years, so I'm about right on track for that.

Wow. Sorry for the threadjack, everyone....I'm at the UofS also! Working on my PhD in Environmental Engineering. Small world.

Anyway, back on track. Congrats on the draft...and to all the new aunties out there! I'm hoping for "auntie" news from my brother very soon....
    Don't let the small things sweat

+ Reply to Thread