+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2778947;
    My good news is that I am tentatively ok for having my surgury. I passed my stress test this am!
    I'm so glad it's finally working out, famita. Excellent news!

My good news is that I am tentatively ok for having my surgury. I passed my stress test this am!
    Good news famita.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Glad to hear the stress test is out of the way and you are cleared for surgery. Keep us posted on when it is and I hope it goes well. Sending good healing thoughts and prayers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My neighbor dropped by and thanked me for doing their snow. She then gave me an invitation to a party tonight. That was nice! I hadn't been to a house party for so long.

Then I opened it up and it's for Princess House Products; so it's like a tupperware party. Is anyone famliar with it? I checked online and it seems like nice things. It will be nice to go out for a visit, even if it is next door! I hope she serves wine
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

It is nice things with a nice price tag to go with it. I got roped into doing one of those at one point and got a huge etched round bowl out of it. I used it as a goldfish bowl and it focussed the sun coming in the window to burn a hole in my kitchen table. I'm lucky the house didn't burn down. Have fun, enjoy the ambience and food, and leave your checkbook at home.
    Count your blessings!

I didn't even know they still sold Princess House items. My mother used to go to those get togethers all the time. It's crystal right? Nice stuff but like Gut says, it's expensive. At least you have a chance to get out of the house and enjoy company of your neighbors. Cheers.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I had a nice time at my neighbors. There was a fire in the fireplace, some non-alcohol punch, the presentation, then coffee. Princess House does have some nice things but they are quite pricey. I can see why my neighbor is getting into it. She has several children, some who are married and one engaged, so it will be great for gifts and stuff.

I did win the door prize of a little etched glass. The pro who did the demo really wanted me to have a party. I dont' know many people; and most that I do know already have their sets of things. I did pick up a bowl set for my twin sinister (she needed it) and a tray for me which was 30% off. I was intending on getting my older sister a nice soup pot but after I saw the price, thought forget it. They can use their old soup pot!

I'm just a sucker at those things.

BTW: I think the these home parties don't make it into Canada until they have been around the U.S. for a few years.

I thought I'd try to be more positive as I'm in a poor me mood.

My daughter will be graduating this May with a Business Marketing Degree.

She works for a law firm in N.Y. (and lives there)

She went for an internship in Manhatten the other day and they promptly took her on. She is so happy. I'm thrilled for her. And so proud of her.

It's for this upscale place that deals with celebs and she loves fashion. She is doing OK and I thank God I have her. I'm a very proud mom!
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

What a wonderful experience for your daughter!! Speaking as a daughter with a mother who very much shows how proud she is of me, proud mothers ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2781217;
    My daughter will be graduating this May with a Business Marketing Degree. She works for a law firm in N.Y. (and lives there) She went for an internship in Manhatten the other day and they promptly took her on. She is so happy. I'm thrilled for her. And so proud of her.
    It's for this upscale place that deals with celebs and she loves fashion. She is doing OK and I thank God I have her. I'm a very proud mom!
    WOO HOO! Congrats JamiLee for being a great mom! Your amazing daughter is certainly proof of that!

+ Reply to Thread