+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2749637;
    Unk, I've got some airline points I needed to use before they expired, so i'm going to San diego that same month. I'll wave out the plane window as I go over Pheonix
    I know you'll enjoy the break from the cold--it won't be long now!
    Good for you! I hope you enjoy your time in San Diego, queenb. Are you going to go to the zoo? It's such a fabulous zoo!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

That's the main reason I'm going--I'm also going to go to the Wild Animal Park, the beach to look at seals and tidepools, and the Anzo-Borrego (sp?) State Park. I'm not really going to do much in the city itself except maybe eat some real Mexican food. I'm sure it's pretty obvious that I'm not really a city lover--may go to Old Town and spend some time though.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2752724;
    That's the main reason I'm going--I'm also going to go to the Wild Animal Park, the beach to look at seals and tidepools, and the Anzo-Borrego (sp?) State Park. I'm not really going to do much in the city itself except maybe eat some real Mexican food. I'm sure it's pretty obvious that I'm not really a city lover--may go to Old Town and spend some time though.
    Are you going to Tiajuana? We had such a good time there last year. Great food and shopping. We took the train and then walked over the border. We didn't have enough time to make it to the zoo and I was very, very disappointed. That's why we ended up going to Mexico.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Such good news!

The photo recovery program I downloaded worked great!!
    It recovered more than 600photos! I didn't need them all again, but I did recover ones that I had "lost". A couple were damaged but that's ok. I also didn't try to get a small video; just jpgs. Whew! I was feeling sooooo bad because I was the only one there taking pics!

One of my XD cards, however, does not show up on my Jdrive. So I'll take it in to the photo store and see if they can figure out why that is happening. It worked before.

Ahhhh. Technology. Can't live with it, can't live without it.

That's great news, Miss Kitty.

My good news is that my son doesn't have a hernia. He mentioned on Sunday that he thought his hernia was back. (He's had two before.) So off to the doctor's we went last night, but it's just a bad bruise. Apparently, he was carrying a table from the second floor to the first floor at work and bruised his groin. Of course, I asked him several times if he could think of anything he had done to cause it, e.g., fell, bumped into something, etc., and he said no. But as soon as the doctor asked, all of a sudden he remembered carrying the table! Kids - what can you do with them! But he's all happy because now he gets out of gym for two weeks! (After being back to gym for one week after being out for 3 months due to shin splints!!!)

Three months off for shin splints?? Times have changed! I had some killer shin splints in 7th grade (even my jeans brushing against them could make me cringe) but I never got a day off from gym. Next time, dose him up with asprin and send him out on the floor

MRD

I made a career out of getting out of gym class until we started playing volleyball.
    I loathed every other thing we ever did, but I LOVED volleyball.

I served many, many, many detentions because I would not "dress out" for gym class. And my grade in there kept me out of National Honor Society. But no amount of punishement from teacher, principal or parents could change me. I was stubborn. I know you all are saying: "NO! Stubborn, not her!"

Anyway, Scoutmom, glad its not a hernia and
    Miss Kitty, glad you recovered your photos.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Newf - Who was your gym teacher, Attilla the Hun?

MissKitty - that's great about your pics, that must have been quite relief.

ScoutMom - Tell your son, I said to be more careful. He's making me nervous.

I'm excited because I just realized that the upcoming weekend will be a 3-day weekend. I'm looking forward to staying cozy inside and reading.

trixie: Enjoy your long weekend!

myrosiedog: I hated gym class. I had low thyroid and low iron and never had energy. I was usually the smallest and wasn't good except for gymnastics (I could fly through the air with the greatest of ease) and volleyball. I had a wicked serve because I was petite. It would just make it over the net without touching it. Same with badminton. But I got a dr. note to get me out of swim classes. I got so cold in the pool my teeth would chatter and I would shake so bad I couldn't swim.

scoutmom: I'm glad your son will be ok and has time to heal.

I got my lifetime award at Weight Watchers tonight. I started at 300.2 lbs. and weighed in tonight at 197.2, a loss of 103 lbs. I reached goal 6 weeks ago and after 6 weeks of maintaining I'm now a lifetime WW member.

+ Reply to Thread