+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fanatic

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2742518;
    Hi everyone!!!!

I just completed my first week of work. I can't even describe how happy I am! I love the company, love the people I work with, I am so thankful.

I have been reading 'Eat Pray Love' and last night a sentence made me cry.....'God long ago drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now'. After all the suffering I have been through (divorce, my dad's death, bad relationships with men, depression...all within one year). This has all prepared me to understand how lucky I am and without all of the bad things, I wouldn't be prepared to understand this complete joy!

2008 is going to be a great year! I am embracing myself with happiness and proud of myself for coming on top from some bad situations!
    Best of luck to you beerbelly......take comfort and inspiration from those that wish you well ....alll the others can go to....................

I'm so excited! I just completed my first bid and Win on ebay.ca! I tried out for the same item a week ago and lost which was ok because I was just trying this whole ebay thing out. But then I saw the item again and was the only and winning bidder! I got it cheaper than through the Smithsonian who had offered it at Christmastime, and there are none left direct from the artist. It's a limited edition xmas cat by Jim Shore.

This is just too darn easy. I hope it actually arrives in the mail!
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-06-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: tried to post photo
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2744226;
    I'm so excited! I just completed my first bid and Win on ebay.ca! I tried out for the same item a week ago and lost which was ok because I was just trying this whole ebay thing out. But then I saw the item again and was the only and winning bidder! I got it cheaper than through the Smithsonian who had offered it at Christmastime, and there are none left direct from the artist. It's a limited edition xmas cat by Jim Shore.

Excellent. I collect Jim Shore pieces too. You do know they sell his things on QVC.COM? and the prices aren't bad.
    They presented that piece Before Xmas, and it sold out before I could get it.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm;2744330;
    Excellent. I collect Jim Shore pieces too. You do know they sell his things on QVC.COM? and the prices aren't bad.
    They presented that piece Before Xmas, and it sold out before I could get it.
    I've seen his work in a few local shops and like it but I don't collect him. I can see how easy it would be; it's so nice and unique. I don't get QVC 'cause I don't have cable. If I see it again somewhere I'll pm you, okay? There were about 6 to bid on around Christmas at different prices on ebay. It's even gone off Shore's home page now.

(it's my av now)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2744226;

Congrats Miss Kitty. I find a lot of stuff a lot cheaper on ebay and it can get addictive. Just make sure you look at your sellers rating and the number of items they've sold and you should be assured that the seller you byy from is on the up and up. I've never had a problem. And when it arrives, make sure you leave feedback on ebay. That's how other buyers know if this is a good seller or not.

I LOVE Jim Shore and he lives not far from here. If you are ever needing anything else of his, let me know as I know a few places here that carry his stuff and I don't find it that expensive. His angels are gorgeous. I was wishing for one for Christmas and didn't get one, but oh well, there's always next year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2744352;
    I've seen his work in a few local shops and like it but I don't collect him. I can see how easy it would be; it's so nice and unique. I don't get QVC 'cause I don't have cable. If I see it again somewhere I'll pm you, okay? There were about 6 to bid on around Christmas at different prices on ebay. It's even gone off Shore's home page now.

(it's my av now)
    misskitty, you don't have to get QVC on tv to order ..you can order off their website no matter what..they have tons of Jim Shore...check it out..they even have reviews of each piece from customers... I know eBay can be fun, but sometimes you just want what you want without getting into bidding wars (at least I do)...take care!

MRD

I want the Jim Shore Flamingo. Going on my birthday wish list. I love his stuff.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I bought a Jim Shore Lang calendar for 2008. Gorgeous colors ...love it!

Meowza. Jim Shore sure has a lot of fans here! I haven't received my cat yet. It's probably stuck at the border. We luvs our border..... Not!

MRD: I saw that flamingo on ebay. I hope you get it! You should go and meet Jim in person one day when you have 'nothing to do'.

Firestorm: What do you collect of his?

I'm happy because I found 4 Tai Bo VHS tapes at Goodwill yesterday. So that will help me start on my new workout plan for this year! And they are only a dollar! Once I learn that stuff, I'll be able to take out any screaming 8 year old in the grocery store. Eee Yai HA!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2747518;
    Meowza. Jim Shore sure has a lot of fans here! I haven't received my cat yet. It's probably stuck at the border. We luvs our border..... Not!

MRD: I saw that flamingo on ebay. I hope you get it! You should go and meet Jim in person one day when you have 'nothing to do'.

Firestorm: What do you collect of his?

I'm happy because I found 4 Tai Bo VHS tapes at Goodwill yesterday. So that will help me start on my new workout plan for this year! And they are only a dollar! Once I learn that stuff, I'll be able to take out any screaming 8 year old in the grocery store. Eee Yai HA!

I'd love to meet him and I'd love to collect his stuff, but god knows, I dont need another collection.

LOVE goodwill for stuff like that and for books. And my new coffee pot for $2

+ Reply to Thread