+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

That's great news, beerbelly! I can't wait to read about when you start!

Here's the update to my driving story. Surprisingly enough, we never heard back from my son's friend's parents about driving to work Saturday night. I was truly amazed about that. Anyway, I drove my son to work, and he didn't speak to me the entire way. He called early for a ride home (about 6 PM) as the restaurant wasn't busy. So then he spoke to another friend of his, and they ended up going to the movies. (Yes, he drove.) The storm, for the most part, passed us by and was only rain. So we gave him permission to go to the movies and then back to the friend's house. He had to be home by 10, but if it started to snow or sleet, he needed to come right home no matter what time it was. So he rolled in about 9:50 and said it was just starting to rain. He hated the movie (Enchanted - chick flick).

The funniest part was Sunday morning when he was complaining about how he went through 1/4 take of gas! He said he drove to the friend's house, then back to our house, then to the movies, then to the friend's house, and then back home. I told him that's why his dad and I didn't want him buying a huge truck!

MRD

Aw, the old, gas is so expensive thing. I love it when "life" hits the teenager in the face. (mean I know, but they start to FINALLY get where we've been all these years. ) We've been dealing with the "why do they take so much out of my paychecks? and what is FICA anyway"

Glad he was safe. I know how you feel. Ours were out last night and while it was raining, it wasn't raining hard, but I was still worried and glad to hear them come in early.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I refuse to put this in the "Troubles" thread.....

My good news is that my 81-year old mom wasn't killed in a very bad car accident last Thursday. The seatbelt/shoulder harness that saved her, also broke five of her ribs. Her lung collapsed yesterday, but that has been remedied and she is slowly improving.

Our church has been very supportive, which is a good thing as my family and I are her only family that is local. My sister in Mexico is ready and willing to fly here when she gets discharged and stay with her while she recovers.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

to you and your family veej. Positive thoughts go a long way.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2726033;
    I refuse to put this in the "Troubles" thread.....

My good news is that my 81-year old mom wasn't killed in a very bad car accident last Thursday. The seatbelt/shoulder harness that saved her, also broke five of her ribs. Her lung collapsed yesterday, but that has been remedied and she is slowly improving.

Our church has been very supportive, which is a good thing as my family and I are her only family that is local. My sister in Mexico is ready and willing to fly here when she gets discharged and stay with her while she recovers.
    Oh my. Good for you for putting this near tragedy in a positive light, you must have been worried sick. I will pray for your mom's speedy recovery.

My prayers are with you and your family, veej!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Your mom is in my prayers, Veej. Good to hear when seatbelts save lives.

Veejer, I am so glad to know your mom is improving. Prayers for her continued improvemnt ar going up now!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Add me to the FORT prayer circle for your mom veejer
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread