+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I know this is really unimportant compared to everyone else's news, but I thought I would share it. When I first started attending UW-Madison, I was having a hard time making friends and finding my niche. I was getting very lonely and depressed. The best thing that happened to me was the rediscovery of my love of hockey and third row seats at the Kohl Center to watch the Badgers play. It was through hockey I was able to find my niche.

Today while wanting to one of our gyms to go jogging, I looked up and noticed I was walking past the entire hockey team. It just meant a lot for me to see up close the boys who had inspired me when I needed it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by twilite;2601532;
    I know this is really unimportant compared to everyone else's news, but I thought I would share it. When I first started attending UW-Madison, I was having a hard time making friends and finding my niche. I was getting very lonely and depressed. The best thing that happened to me was the rediscovery of my love of hockey and third row seats at the Kohl Center to watch the Badgers play. It was through hockey I was able to find my niche.

Today while wanting to one of our gyms to go jogging, I looked up and noticed I was walking past the entire hockey team. It just meant a lot for me to see up close the boys who had inspired me when I needed it.
    I think that is a great thing twilite...and everyone's news is important..no matter how big or small.....

Congratulations on finding your niche!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...

My niece's band has made it to the state competition!
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by twilite;2601532;

And the University of WI band under the direction of Michael Leckrone is FANTASTIC. I love watching the stuff on PBS when I can.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by mstvfan;2605643;
    My niece's band has made it to the state competition!

Congrats to your niece.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

My daughter got a job working at Barnes and Noble! She loves it.
    And she can borrow any book for 14 days to bring home to read and gets a 30% off discount on purchases.

I had been making a list of books that I wanted for Christmas before she got the job and now I can hardly wait. Nothing better than books. I could spend a fortune in book stores and now I don't have too, she can buy them for me.

Plus she's making her own money. And her boss told me that she's a wonderful kid and a great asset to the store. Even better news! Because when they live in your house, sometimes you need outsiders to remind you that they really are, great kids sometimes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;1042634;
    My good news -- a car repair I had to get done today was covered by the warranty. Whew!
    You are so lucky! I didn't have that luck a couple of weeks ago.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Well I like this boy, and I think he likes me, and I hope that he asks me out!!!!!

Ialos used to live in New York, but when my Dad got a job transfer, we moved to beautiful Southern Cali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I'm new to thissite and I kinda don't get it so if you can, please e-mail me about the stuff you know that I can do on this site

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv ya alll

Joanie. Just read the FAQ...it is pretty easy to get along here!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I'll start with the bad news. Mr. gracie had a stroke on Friday and spent the weekend in the hospital while they tried to figure out why it happened. The good news is he came home on Sunday and the damage was minor. He'll have to have therapy for a while, but he should, with work, make a complete recovery. His only worry right now is he can't go fishing or bowling until he gets the strength back in his right hand and arm. He's not a patient man. This will be a preview of retirement for us. He's off work at least until November and we never spend more than a couple of days together, mostly on the weekend. It's going to be strange.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread