+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Wow, queenb - you've really come a long way, haven't you? I started the aromasin last night after doing the emotional homework. It felt like stepping off a cliff, but no side effects so far (duh).
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2591700;
    famita, I know how relieved you are to hear "it's not cancer"! I had a scare over the summer too, and while it was really serious, the no cancer verdict made me want to do flips. (i'm finally infection free, incidentally, and will be getting some shots to start working on the low back pain, even though it's nothing like what I had earlier!)
    I am so glad to hear this. I know what you've been through and am happy for you that things have gotten more or less resolved and you are forging ahead and getting the back stuff treated. I know its a relief and it was a long time in getting to where you are now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Some minor news, but they made me happy.
    Last week I wrote a letter to the editor for our paper, it was published yesterday. It was great to see my name in print, knowing that people are reading my words. My parents thought it was a great letter, my mum writes many so I'm following in her footsteps. My grandfather, an old-school (now retired) journalist called me up to say it was well-written (a great compliment) and that the topic was important. That my family would agree on my views was expected, so the well-written comment was just icing on the cake.

My other good news (as written in the interviews thread) is that I will meet with the CEO of the company I'm up for a job with. This is the last step, so I'm really close now. I hope he likes me and gives me a job on the spot!

That's great news, femme. You should be proud of your letter that was published. And I'm sure you'll do well in the interview - I hope the CEO sees that and does offer you that job. Go get 'em!

My good news is the Phillies are the NL East champs! I don't really follow baseball - or any other sport for that matter. But my son was SO excited. It was really neat to see.

Good luck femme with your interview...and congrats on your letter to the editor...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Every year for the whole month of September our company does a fundraiser for Children's Hospital here in Columbus. We pick what area of the hospital we want our donation given to. We chose the Center for Autism Disorders.
    Each location does their own individual events. Yesterday at my restaurant we held our 3rd annual cruise-in. One of my regular customers and I have been working for the past year getting donations for door prizes etc. for this. We had our best one yet with 300 cars registered and managed to raise over $6,000 for the Autism Center. It was great. The car cruisers are a very generous bunch of people and were very active in our auctions, raffles, bake sale and concession wagon we had. We had games for the kids, a cake walk and a live band. It was a long day but well worth it if we are able to help even one child through or efforts.
    We were starting our plans for next year this morning making notes on how to improve our show and make it even bigger and better next year.
    Here's a couple of pictures. That's my red 73 Olds convertible up front.

MRD

Very cool Unk. What a great thing to do and glad it was supported so well.

At first when I read that was your red convertible up front and then see the first picture, it took me a moment because I was thinking: "when did he get a firetruck?" (it's early and I haven't had coffee)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's OK, MRD - I was thinking the same thing!

Great pictures, Unk! I glad the event was a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2595281;
    Very cool Unk. What a great thing to do and glad it was supported so well.

At first when I read that was your red convertible up front and then see the first picture, it took me a moment because I was thinking: "when did he get a firetruck?" (it's early and I haven't had coffee)
    Oh that is too funny because I was thinking the same thing because I remembered seeing a previous post of the car.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I guess I just thought Unk had a few changes done to his spiffy vehicle!

+ Reply to Thread