+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2558418;
    A toad strangler is nothing compared to a goat floater
    a Goat floater??
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Snark, that is fabulous news. And your dad's right, you should be a writer. Sounds like your family can provide a lot of material. I'm glad you and him are going to be able to get together. My dad and I had a great relationship until a few years before his death and then it got very rocky. But most of that was due to his illnesses. Luckily we were able to overcome some of that before he passed. Not many of us get a second chance, so it's good to know that you and him are trying.

Steph. I LOVE carnivals. I will ride every ride except the Ferris Wheel. I hate those, but I think that comes from my dad taking me on them and then rocking the car. I hated that. And I don't like heights. Now if I'm on a ride that is turning me upside down while going up in the air, I can't see that I'm up high and that's fine. Have a funnel cake for me. Oh and one of those italian sausage sandwiches which are just pure grease, but oh so good.

Queenie, that sounds fabulous. I just watched Legends of the Fall which takes place in Montana and the scenery was breathtaking. I want to go now.

Scoutmom, hope your son does well this year. Loved reading that he's taking honors history. That is my favorite subject as most of you well know.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2561338;
    Steph. I LOVE carnivals. I will ride every ride except the Ferris Wheel. I hate those, but I think that comes from my dad taking me on them and then rocking the car. I hated that. And I don't like heights. Now if I'm on a ride that is turning me upside down while going up in the air, I can't see that I'm up high and that's fine. Have a funnel cake for me. Oh and one of those italian sausage sandwiches which are just pure grease, but oh so good.
    That is exactly the same reason why I do not ride the ferris wheel or the double ferris wheel...I'm not afraid of heights but my dad would, jokingly, rock the seats when we were stuck at the top on the ferris wheel and I won't ride them to this day!!! I'll ride any kind of roller coaster that will sling me this way and that way and upside down and around...but NOT the ferris wheel!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm known as the thrill ride girl in most circles I run in, but I do not do ferris wheels. Ever. Boo.

I'm in a good mood today. I'm headed off to Colorado tonight to spend a weekend with my boyfriend. Yay! I'm glad I didn't go last weekend, though. I could have sat next to this guy...

The Denver Post - Frontier flier charged with indecent exposure
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Stargazer, I don't know about people these days. Thank goodness you chose a better time to fly!

Ewww...I'll be connecting through Denver Sunday also--on Frontier! I hope I'm not sitting in that seat, yuck! Seriously, it's better not to think about seats, hotel beds, things like that. I always pretend they are new and no one else has ever used them.
    I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only Ferris wheel weenie either. It's ok as log as it's going, but the sitting on the top while loading and unloading is a terrible thing! Bbinbama, my dad used to think rocking the seat was funny too.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

About the Ferris Wheels, my dad rocked us when we were little until I had a nightmare that we were on the top and a tornado carried me away. Dad said he was sorry for ever doing that and he never rocked the car again. I can't ride one to this day, though. Going to Cedar Point a lot, I rode on all of the roller coasters. I remember when the Gemini opened. I was 8 months pregnant and couldn't wait to ride. My husband and I got on and the first dip I knew in my heart that he would be decapitated (he was 6'4") at the underpass and flipped out. That was the last roller coaster ride for me! Oh yeah, he wasn't decapitated, but it sure looked like he was going to be!!

MRD

Sounds like rocking the ferris wheel seat is a dad thing to do. And one that scares us. So all you dads with young kids, do NOT rock the ferris wheel seat. You are setting up your children for carnival nightmares later on!!!

There has only been one ride that made me feel dizzy and nauseaus and that was Mission Space at Epcot. Still rode it a couple times though. But I've ridden everything that goes fast and love it all. (except the Ferris Wheel)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I Is Stephanie

Wow. Well, I got to the carnival at 5:00 last night for part one of my adventure. It was going fine, until my friend "suddenly" remembered that he's afraid of heights and wild rides. So we went to the games. While I'd love to say that Eric blew $20 on the games, as it turns out, he's probably the only person in the world who's able to play games and actually win. He played 4 games, won 2 of them, and just barely missed winning the third. It was painful. Even the guy running the game said that he could have one more try for free if he wanted. There was this one woman running a game who saw Eric with a girl on each arm, and she seriously spent the next 10 minutes trying to convince him that a good boyfriend would win both of his girls a giant stuffed duck from her booth.

At this point it's 6:00. Carnival has been open for an hour. At this point, my friend 'lanna and I are bored. We go on a few rides. (Yup, this is going to be a play-by-play!) At this point, Eric is neasous from watching us, but broke from the games. He refuses to re-sell any of his prizes. I buy him a large soda, which he chugs. He then decides that he's ready to go on rides. We can not talk him out of it. After we go on 3 rides, he declares that he doesn't feel well. He seriously can't figure out why. After sitting around for a half-hour, I crack it and buy him an ice cream. I have now spent $6 to keep him happy. He says that he's the master of eating ice cream, and we need to watch him, so that we know how to eat it without it melting. It melts all over him.

**Passing time people watching** 7:30. 'lanna and I go on more rides.

8:00. We convince Eric that there's nothing to be gained by sitting around doing nothing. We go on 2 more rides, with him this time. At this point, it's dark. He remarks that everything is so much prettier with the lights on. He's right.

8:30. We try to get him to go on the merry-go-round with us. We fail, and go on anyways. When we get off, he "doesn't know us." But he had promised me that we'd go on the ferris wheel to get a picture of the carnival all lit up. So we go on it. At this point, it should be mentioned that Eric and 'lanna are bitter ex's, and really only went because I asked them to. They're great like that. In the middle of the ferris wheel ride, they realize that maybe they kind of do like each other still. It's adorable.

9:00. Three sodas, one fried dough, $60 of tickets, and four hours later, the night has to end. It was a rocky night at first, but it quickly improved. I really enjoyed it. I'll probably post pictures later in the "What do you look like" thread, but now, I'm off to part 2 of my adventure!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Rocking the ferris wheel is one thing I can kind of live with, but my SIL thinks it's funny to open the door on the giant ferris wheel at Cedar Point while we're at the top and he thinks no one will notice. I'd much rather be on a roller coaster than any of those tall tame rides.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread