+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fan

Re: Share your good news

This is very good news. My dad and I haven't talked in about 1 year. We have had a hard time getting along in the past. So I emailed him a few days ago and got a got a really nice response and we are going to dinner soon.

gracie! Welcome back!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2559582;
    This is very good news. My dad and I haven't talked in about 1 year. We have had a hard time getting along in the past. So I emailed him a few days ago and got a got a really nice response and we are going to dinner soon.
    Once again snarkattack...I'm thrilled for you that you are making these steps forward....hopefully dinner with your dad will go well.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

snarkattack - Here's hoping the dinner with your dad goes well. We only get one father in this world; it's heartbreaking to hear stories of people not getting along with their dads. Things may not work out between the two of you, but at least you'll know you've done everything you can to make it happen. Best of luck to you.

Snarkattack, I hope your dinner with your dad is everything you hope for!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2559780;
    snarkattack - Here's hoping the dinner with your dad goes well. We only get one father in this world; it's heartbreaking to hear stories of people not getting along with their dads. Things may not work out between the two of you, but at least you'll know you've done everything you can to make it happen. Best of luck to you.
    My dad is a very decent man. I sometimes forgot that he had a rough upbringing himself as do a lot of people, but his was really rough. Although, he can be very difficult at times, so am I. He also has a VERY nurturing side. I guess I am an open book. Here is the email he sent me. It was really nice.

From dad:

Hi back,

I'm glad that you are doing better. Nothing makes me happier. Yep, Ruth is definitely a trip. I agree. She is great material for "many" short stories. I took her about 3 months ago to visit the old cemeteries on the West side where her grandparents and other Katz/Gerson ancestors are buried. I heard stories of things that happened 75-80 years ago as if they were yesterday. Ruth is an interesting and intelligent person with a wonderful sense of humor. She is genuinely loves the people that she cares about. Although, she takes some time getting used to. Some people just don't have enough time, like 100 years. However, she has always been my favorite aunt and growing up I was as close to her as my own mother, maybe even more.

Carol will be Carol. Is this anything new? You should be a comedy writer. What you said about the vacuum cleaner is the funniest thing that I've EVER heard and the oil change thing after you trip-too much, very funny. Why not think of Carol as a great source for new comedic material?

I read your profile and it shows you as a well rounded person. I'm sure that other people will see that as well. The photos of you are good. You look athletic. I didn't know that your favorite food is ribs. If you would like, we could go to Rick's in Chagrin Falls for them. They have great ribs. I'm in Cook Forest but will be back some time late Thursday afternoon.

60, it is hard to believe. It's beginning to hit home. Jimmy just celebrated his 60th birthday. Talk to you soon.

Love,

Dad

I Is Stephanie

Wow snark. That's amazing. Speaking as someone else who can't be locked in a room with their Dad, I always get so happy when someone else is able to put the past behind them, even if only for a short while.

My good news is that the carnival is in town, and I'm going not once, but twice! Tomorrow night with one group of friends, and then again Saturday night with my other group of friends! I'm so excited, in 15 years, this is the first time I've actually been able to get a group of people who could actually go with me, and I fully intend to prove to the world that I'm NOT anexoric. Videos of me eating fried dough while drinking a gallon of regular Pepsi to follow.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

stephanie, have fun! Carnivals are always more fun with a good group of friends. And for the record, I've seen your pictures and I don't think you're anorexic. Yes, you are petite and fine-boned, but no moreso than my sister and best friend at your age. Now that they are middle aged, they are still able to enjoy eating whatever they want without gaining any weight...more power to you!

stephanie, you don't look too thin to me either, especially considering your age!

My good news is that my boy(?)friend is finally going on a trip of more than 300 miles and a few days with me--I finally got him talked into going with me for 6 days. We leave for Montana and Yellowstone/Grand Teton Sunday morning. He's never been anywhere beyond the deep South (Tenn. and lower) so it should be a fun trip.
    I'm just holding my breath that his drama queen sister who is supposed to be staying with their father doesn't go into a meltdown and force him to cancel at the last minute.
    So far, so good
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Wow! Lots of good news to share. I'm happy for all.

My good news is my son started 11th grade yesterday and, so far, isn't complaining about any of his teachers! He's taking honors History and Chemistry this year, so we'll see how that goes!

+ Reply to Thread