+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

MRD, forget the health issue as long as you're comfortable! Chances are, this might help you at least feel better.

Stephanie11, he looks like a good soldier. I remember the first time I saw my son after the boot camp graduation and I didn't even recognize him (my own son! I never cried so much!) They don't always have a lot of time to write, but they sure enjoy reading letters they receive!

Veej, it almost seems like you've got one foot up over anyone else-You already have your first interview done! Good luck with the next one and believe that it will lead to a job!

MRD

It rained here last evening.

At first, we all wondered what that liquid was that was falling from the sky. Legend says it is a thing called rain and it nourishes the earth. Most were mystified, the elders were thankful (they had remembered a time when they had seen it before) and small children were scared and fled from it into the houses. Some that like to garden were happy, but the men with lawn mowers were not. But it has rained and moistened the parched earth for a time.

We got a toad strangler too. It hasn't rained in more than a month here. My grass which was brown and dry will probably be green in about 3 hours. Hubby said: I'm glad for the rain, but now I'll have to mow again.
    Not his favorite thing to do.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2551602;
    It rained here last evening.

At first, we all wondered what that liquid was that was falling from the sky. Legend says it is a thing called rain and it nourishes the earth. Most were mystified, the elders were thankful (they had remembered a time when they had seen it before) and small children were scared and fled from it into the houses. Some that like to garden were happy, but the men with lawn mowers were not. But it has rained and moistened the parched earth for a time.

We got a toad strangler too. It hasn't rained in more than a month here. My grass which was brown and dry will probably be green in about 3 hours. Hubby said: I'm glad for the rain, but now I'll have to mow again.
    Not his favorite thing to do.
    Ok...I'm born and raised in the South and I'm use to all kinds of funny sayings but what the hell is a toad strangler?????
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2551628;
    Ok...I'm born and raised in the South and I'm use to all kinds of funny sayings but what the hell is a toad strangler?????
    You've never heard of a toad strangler?

It's when it rains so hard, even the frogs can't take it. It "strangles toads" or so I hear.

Don't you just love regional sayings! LOL!

Frost on the pumpkin, toad strangler, hot as blue blazes. Always so descriptive!

My good news is that I am going to have a camp .

A toad strangler is nothing compared to a goat floater
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

I had a training session at the museum today for grand opening weekend. Right now they are so focused on getting everything ready for the opening and they desperately need volunteers as they are planning on 5000 or more that weekend. But the education director did tell me today they have a part time position open, but have not had time to advertise it or to train that person and they are putting off the actual hiring process until Oct. after the grand opening. So if I make a good impression from now until then, maybe it will be mine!

On another note, I have had contact twice now with another museum volunteer that is the most negative person I have ever met. I don't know why she even wants to do this as she has complained loudly about EVERYTHING.
    I was tired this morning and not in a particularly good mood, but was trying my best to be polite and postive, but at the end I finally lost it and said to her loudly (but politely): "You know, people that have never been here, will not know that such and such is not quite ready. If you focus on the negative, then your groups will focus on the negaitve and not enjoy their experience, you have to focus on the positive and glance over the unfinished."
    She gave me such a look let me tell you, but the education director came up to me later and said "I could kiss you".

The museum continues to be a source of good news for me, even if its not actually a paying job. I really like the whole experience and the museum itself is very exciting and just getting out and going to the interviews and trainings has made me feel good.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2558613;
    The museum continues to be a source of good news for me, even if its not actually a paying job. I really like the whole experience and the museum itself is very exciting and just getting out and going to the interviews and trainings has made me feel good.
    This just made me smile. Congrats again, MRD, and it really sounds like you're impressing all the right people! Be sure to let us know how the opening goes!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

MRD, you are knocking them dead with your optimism and positive-ness!! Down with pessimism!!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Great news for me today! I finally got my computer fixed and I'm back on-line at my house. I think my modem got creamed when the big storm came through. It worked for a day or two and then went totally schizo. Silly me, I tried to install a new modem and didn't do something right so the only way to get on-line was either at my mother's or my daughter's, neither one feeling right since I can be here for hours and am not great company to talk to in the real world at the same time. My computer guy finally was back yesterday (he was flooded out) and presto I'm baaack!!! This is wonderful!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread