+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2535688;
    Unk, that is a wonderful picture. You both look fabulous. Please tell us all about the wedding and reception.
    Thanks. I posted a bigger picture in the WDYLL thread.
    It was beautiful. The weather was great, mid 70's. When I went to walk her down the aisle she started to cry. I told her "Honey, don't get me started too" so she started laughing and stopped. She was sniffling saying her vows as was I. She also exchanged vows with the groom's son, he accepting her as his mom and her accepting him as her son. To hear the kid say "I do" was too cute and a real tear jerker in itself.
    It was a small, intimate affair which was great. Having been to many huge weddings it was quite refreshing to keep it laid back. Much less stressful.
    Here's the night before

And one more from the wedding.

Vows with the little one? Too sweet!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey

That looks like such a fantastic, happy time Unklescott! Congratulations to all! I LOVE it when a couple who is getting married with children involved includes the child(ren) in the ceremony as well. It is such a special acknowledgement of the bond they all share as a family. Very special!

Here's my petty good news, but it made me quite happy, so I'll share. I flew home yesterday afternoon. I'd been listening to my iPod on the plane, and set it in my lap when we got to the point that all electronic devices had to be turned off. With a book and magazine on my lap as well, and checking voicemails on my cell when we landed (which I usually never have, so that threw me) I totally forgot about the iPod. I realized when I got home that it was nowhere in my stuff, and that's when it dawned on me that I probably stood up with it on my lap, losing it to the floor of the plane. I was quite ticked at myself for my stupidity.

Not expecting much, but figuring I might as well try, I called Delta on the remote chance that they found it. They gave me the number for the airport's lost and found, who connected me to Delta's lost and found, where I left a message. Not even an hour later, a man called me to tell me that yes, they had it, and would hold it there until I came to get it. I cheered, thanked him, told him he'd made my dad and that I loved Delta airlines. I stopped by the airport today to pick it up. I walked in the luggage office, told the man behind the counter my name, and he instantly smiled and said "I've been waiting for you today. You were my favorite call yesterday. Now the iPod we found better be yours!" He went to get it, and it was. I was happy.

Great pictures, Unclescott - and exchanging vows with the groom's son is absolutely adorable. I never heard of that before, but I love it!

Veruka - congrats on getting your iPod back! When I first read your post, I thought for sure it was a gonner and somebody got a free iPod. There are honest people in the world!

That is one beautiful bride and one very proud father, I can tell. I loved reading that she exchanged vows with the son, it seemed very sweet.

Veruka - I guess that there still are honest people out in the world, someone could've easily snatched your iPod for themselves. Good thing on getting it back

MRD

Unk, great pictures. You look fabulous! The weight loss looks great on you.

the bride is certainly beautiful and love the vows with the groom's son.
    I know you are a proud papa.

Friend's of mine did a "sand ceremony" with the kids when they married. Each person had a different tube of colored sand and they all stood over a bowl and emptied their sand together in the bowl where it all intermingled signifying one family now. I thought that was a teary eyed moment. I don't know if I could have stayed dry eyed for the vows your daughter nad her stepson exchanged.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Unk, wonderful pictures and memories for you! I also think it's heartwarming when the children are also involved.

Veruka, it's nice to know that there really is a lost and found that works. Great news for you!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2534030;
    That's great, roses!

My good news... **warning: only read if you do not tire of hearing me ramble about my friend Craig...**

I CAN TALK TO CRAIG AGAIN!!! He got his internet at the Naval Academy today, and since we're both members of the same internet-networking site, I CAN TALK TO HIM! I don't have to write any more wimpy postcards about the weather!!! YAY!!!

Sorry. It's very exciting. I don't think I've ever gone this long without talking to him.
    Wow, great news everyone--been off for several weeks and just catching up. I see everyone has congratulated everyone for their good news already (though I just have to add a belated YAY! to Gut on the cancer results, and that I think the vows with your daughter's new stepchild were a fantastic idea, Unk), except 11SSteph, so I'll do that--we know how much you've missed him. Hope his new experiences don't make it hard to communicate as easily as you used to---and that he has privacy to talk!

FORT Fogey

My good news is that I think I'm finally over some chronic health problems that really messed up my life over the last year or so.

Now on to bigger and better news:

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2491137;
    I got the results from my last MRI and am officially cancer free and done with treatment. Yea! Anyone remember 2 years ago when Pomeraniac drove me to chemo in her jeep with the top down and all my hair blew away? That was hysterical. We laughed so hard that day.
    I'm late to this party because I've been out of order a bit lately but Gutmutter, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You taught me so much as you went through that whole, long, drawn-out ordeal with such grace, optimism, bravery, and serenity and I'll never forget those lessons.

It was truly a blast to take you to chemo -- much to my surprise -- and to laugh so hard with you while we littered Route 2 with your gorgeous, brown hair and then tipped over cows and smashed all those mailboxes with our baseball bats!!!

I am so, so happy that all our prayers were answered and I hope to catch up with you soon again in person, sistah.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;2546474;
    My good news is that I think I'm finally over some chronic health problems that really messed up my life over the last year or so.
    Hey, Pom! That's great news. You've dealt with that for a long time so good for you.

+ Reply to Thread