+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I'm going in for an interview for a possible internship tomorrow. It involves children's illustration, so I am scrambling together all of my adorable drawings for a make-shift portfolio.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD: I hope that y'all get to go to New Orleans. It sounds like your husband could be a big help there!

Lei: Enjoy spending time with your Dad!

SuperBrat: Good luck with your interview. Keep us all posted.

Everyone else - congrats on all of your good news! I enjoy reading this thread.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2539124;
    MRD: I hope that y'all get to go to New Orleans. It sounds like your husband could be a big help there!

Lei: Enjoy spending time with your Dad!

SuperBrat: Good luck with your interview. Keep us all posted.

Everyone else - congrats on all of your good news! I enjoy reading this thread.
    I probably won't go. It would be him by himself (and other church members) and I'm not sure that NO is the actuall distination, I think its another town near there. I'd love to go back to NO though to have fun. I haven't been in a well "coon's age" (see reference and definition of phrase on one of the other threads) and I absolutely adore NO, even in its shabby, stinky glory, there is NOTHING like the French Quarter. Coffee and beignets at Cafe du Monde. Oyster's at Felix's, anything at Gallitoires and Hurricane's at Pat O'briens and Jazz at Preservation Hall. And a hotdog from a street vendor at 3 a.m. after a full night of imbibing. Ahhhh, I really would love to go right NOW!

And now that I read that even though we belong to a fairly liberal church that doesn't mind drinking members, I highly doubt a church sponsored mission trip would include a night of partying on Bourbon Street.

Superbrat, Good luck that sounds GREAT. I know you are excited!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

The good news is, we didn't get too much water damage from the Ohio flooding this week. We live on the high side of town so whatever water we had came in and went out really quick when the rain finally stopped. Outside of watching a hurricane on tv, I've never seen so much rain come down so hard for so long. We ended up with just over 9 inches in about 30 hours so a couple of feet of water in the basement wasn't bad. If you've seen any of it on the weather channel or news, I'm about ten miles south of Findlay.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Gracie - I'm glad the flooding wasn't too bad where you are. I did see this on the news. All those poor people - I can't imagine what that must have been like or where they go from here.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

My good news is simply that I unpacked the last box from the move last night! We closed on Aug 6th, movers came Aug 11th, was on vacation all of last week (though I hate calling it "vacation" since I did moreand harder work that week than I normally do in two at my real job!) and just finally got finished unpacking last night. Not saying every last thing has found a home in the new place yet, but at least I don't have cardboard boxes sitting around anymore!

And can I just say that doubling the square footage of my last house seemed like such a good idea once upon a time... now I realize it's just more space to fill, which means more junk, more hidey-hole places to stash stuff, more catch-all drawers... I am already having to talk myself out of pack-ratting everything I swore I'd get rid of in the new house...

I'm glad the move went well and you're all finished with the unpacking. I always figured once the kitchen and bathrooms were organized, I was unpacked.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I know what you mean! My bathroom and the kitchen were the first two rooms I did! But I have issues with things not being in their place - slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to that so it was a huge stress factor for me to have unpacked boxes everywhere.

Grcie, my thoughts are with you! The flooding has been horrendous-I'm east of Findlay. I thank my lucky stars that I live so high.

remote, I can't believe that you are unpacked already! Now you can enjoy the move! (I might have taken 6 months to unpack-procrastination is the key!)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2541160;
    I'm glad the move went well and you're all finished with the unpacking. I always figured once the kitchen and bathrooms were organized, I was unpacked.
    This is always my mindset too and then I end up having boxes around for months that weren't "important". I do eventually get around to them, but the days of me moving in one pickup and being unpacked in a weekend are WAY over!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread