+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Thank you Lei and RG, it has really been a roller coaster of emotions, but in the end happiness that we have answers and will be able to say good-bye.

RG, congratulations on your new house!

femme fatale: Congrats on passing your driver's test! Look out everyone! She's out there now!

RemoteGoddess: You must be so excited about your new home Woo Hoo! Post a photo!

kimrs: OMGosh! That is an amazing story! How wonderful to have your mom's friend finally found, and brought home to rest in peace. I just can't imagine what it would feel like to know anyone was MIA for that long without closure.

My little good news is that I held a nice BBQ for no reason on Sat for my Mom, Dad, older Sinister and BIL, and my sweetie was in town as well. (My evil twin sinister did not want to attend). I made everything: burgers, parmesan herb fries, corn, salad, drinkies, iced coffees and strawberry marshmallow pie. It was a beautiful one-of-a-kind summer day; warm and shady with almost no wind.

The bestest part ever was that I was able to play badminton with my Mom and Dad (who are in their 70's) and it was just like the old days when I was little and we'd play at our lake cottage. The memories all came back and I was just soo happy I couldn't believe it. My Mom and Dad really enjoyed it too. It was amazing to see them laugh and play together. We only lost 2 birdies on the garage roof and 1 into the neighbors' yard. Mr. Tootles even trotted out to retrieve a birdie that fell by the net!

Just a great Wow day for me and the kitts.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty, that's just too perfect to be real Your evil twin sinister sure missed out!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Strawberry marshmallow pie? Could you post a recipe on that over in that thread? That sounds like something my kids and my guy would love! Not me, though, no way would I scarf down half the pie when no one was looking...

I'm glad you had such a special day, misskitty, and that you were able to enjoy and appreciate it.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2509809;
    Just a great Wow day for me and the kitts.
    It sounds beautiful, misskitty!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2505272;
    We got a phone call from my uncle about an article in his local paper. In January, 1968 my mother's best friend was shot down on a helicopter mission over Laos. He was in Vietnam for exactly one month when this happened. My mother wore his MIA bracelet until he was declared legally dead in 1979.

The good news is his remains were finally identified and he is coming home. My parents will be joining his mother, brother, sister, family and friends for his funeral in Arlington.
    What a beautiful and very sad story. Only there one month, it's so sad he lost his life. How wonderful that this young man is finally coming home, and his family and friends have him back. Thank you kimrs, for sharing this very good and heartwarming news. Please let us know about the homecoming, if you feel up to it, and feel like sharing it.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Thanks lei, remotegodess, and Newf! I won't forget that day! It was ok my evil twin sinister didn't attend; I didn't expect she would as she gets stressed out by all the family at once and tends to stress out everyone else. I gave her leftovers the next day, which she preferred.

I will post the strawberry marshmallow pie recipe in that thread tomorrow 'cause it's late and I have to find it first . I doubled so I've had pie for 3 days!! Yummy with whip cream on top.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Sounds like you had a great day, misskitty. I hope you have many, many more like it.

I had a somewhat abnormal result on a medical test, so further testing was ordered. My good news is that the advanced test results were normal!!!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2517876;
    I had a somewhat abnormal result on a medical test, so further testing was ordered. My good news is that the advanced test results were normal!!!
    That's wonderful news, veejer!

That happened to me once, too. I hear it's not uncommon. Something for everyone to remember if they get an initially abnormal result.

+ Reply to Thread