+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 830 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144544 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Congrats! I also got a letter of invitation join Phi Theta Kappa, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do it. Do you think it could make a difference on a resume? If it does, then I'll probably join. If not, then I don't want to spend the money to join (yes, I'm cheap, lol) You are so right ~ it DOES make a HUGE difference when you are taking classes for something that interests you! When I was in high school, I could care less about my grades, as long as I passed my classes. Now, anything less than an A is unacceptable to me,lol.

Marley ~ what degree is your son pursuing?
    Holly, Matt is a Theatre major, he's a very good actor (no bias here...) but he also loves directing.
    As far as your Phi Theta Kappa invitation, no question about it you should absolutely join! Do not let this opportunity pass you by. Yes, it will look awesome on your resume, plus it will be on your college transcript and your diploma. You will be eligible for more scholarship money and other benefits, and this is an honor that stays with you for life. Congratulations for being invited to join... you have to have at least a 3.5 GPA to get into this so you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! The orientation meeting is this Thursday. I think I will go.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Holly!

I got accepted to my first choice high school on an academic scholarship!

Congratulations Survivorgirl! That must be SO exciting. You must be smart! And that's a very good thing!

I just taught my first class at a local college (3 hours too).

I totally bluffed my way into the position because I knew I could do it and wanted the position but have no experience (I'm only half way to my masters(education), but it's a continuing ed class). They took so long to decide on me, they even ended up pushing back the class! But I got it, and although I spoke a bit too quickly this class, think it went well! Now I'm too hyped to work on my midterm

I actually have another good news (with a little bad attached I suppose).

i had a test for carpal tunnel and nerve damage the other day. That is the most PAINFUL test I can imagine. They hooked me up with electrodes and basically electrocuted me, I was jumping off that table, and it left bruises (and I'm leaving out the needle part, ouch!). However, I have no permanent nerve damage, my 10-12 hours of computer time have not impinged on my nerves. BUT - I have inflammation in my spine, mild and can be corrected but most likely caused by the assinine people at work who for a year have continued to bump into my chair despite being asked to watch where they are going. (and yes, there is enough room for them to not do this, but it requires them pushing in their chair, which is way too much to ask from people as busy as these freakin self-involved annoying people seem to think they are.) Doc said repetitive blunt force could have caused this. But the good news is, once I leave this job it should all calm down, and that nothing is permanent or wholly dehabilitating and no more electrocutions!

Glitterball you have a mixed bag of news for us today. Good that the good outweighs the bad.

I lost 3.2lbs this week!

congrats feif! That's great!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I might be jumping the gun here - but it looks like grandbaby number three is on the way.

(I swear every time my daughter and her husband pass each other in the hallway, she gets pregnant!)

In any event - good news.

Congrats Grandma...I mean J.D.!

+ Reply to Thread