+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Congrats on that accomplishment, Femme Fatale.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My nieces are coming to visit for two weeks tomorrow! The ones that I thought weren't going to get to come....they are 8 and 9. Their older sister has church camp then soccer camp, so she is coming later this summer. I have a bunch of stuff planned. There are some activities going on at the library, we're going to the pool and a little girl I used to babysit is the same age, so she is going to come over often and hang out with the girls. I'm so excited! For 2 whole weeks there are going to be girls in my house! A little estrogen to add to all the testosterone going on here! Woot!

MRD

Sounds like fun. I want to come join in.

We put my daughter's boyfriend on a plane back to Florida this morning. I guess this is not good news as we really like him and he was my chauffer the entire time he was here. But the good news is that he's planning on moving up here for college and we are all happy about that as we really do like him a lot. She chose well. And its true that girls pick out their daddy's. Her bf is a LOT like my husband. Not in looks, not in personality so much, but he has a lot of the same qualities my husband has and reminds me of him in so many ways. I guess that's why my daughter likes him. And he's so good to her and with her. She's like a different person around him. A much nicer person.

So I guess that is good news. I just hope they stay together even though both are young, because I REALLY like him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just got the "good news" that they are desperate for lifeguards in the state parks and want me to test after all. (I had told them I was certified and available but didn't get a call back). My daughter is already working at a beach 20 min. from here and I have to take her and pick her up. I had no plans for the summer and just blew my savings having my house painted, so this is good. Not sure I'll mention it to the dermatologist I'm seeing Thurs. I think I know what his advice would be.
    Count your blessings!

That is great news, Gut. We have a shortage of lifeguards here as well and it sucks.

I wonder why that is? It's good money and not hard work. We used to fight for good lifeguarding jobs back in the day.
    Count your blessings!

I think it has something to do with certification. Most of the pools here make the lifeguards pay for the certification themselves. Most of the teenagers don't want to pay to get a job. Although, most places are paying $7-8 an hour, which is pretty good money.

We had to pay for our own certs @ $130 ea., but here, the state jobs pay almost $12/hr. You can clear $4,000 in a summer which isn't bad for a high school or college kid.
    Count your blessings!

Congrats to everyone on your great news!

My good news - my son passed the lifeguarding course, so he's definitely working at the girl scout camp. He's still trying to think of a camp name. A friend of ours suggested "Rooster" because my son will be the "rooster" in the "chick house"!

I love that, ScoutMom! I remember at girl scout camp, it was always such a thrill to learn the counselors real names at the end of the 2 weeks. The only camp names I remember were two who were Kanga and Roo and another one who was Sunny because we sang a couple of songs with "sunny" in them and we'd sing that real loud for her. Rooster is also the shyster brother in Annie, so he could have the whole rake attitude going on. Make sure he has plenty of good sunscreen.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread