+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Stargazer - It's amazing how something from our childhood means so much to us as adults. I'm so glad you were able to find a lamp like the one you had. Cherish it and the memories it evokes.

That's just fabulous, Stargazer. There are few better feelings than that which one gets upon discovering something thought to be gone forever.

Plus, you've now inspired me to visit Waynesville (a mere 8 hour drive), so you've done a good deed for today.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2441682;
    Stargazer - It's amazing how something from our childhood means so much to us as adults. I'm so glad you were able to find a lamp like the one you had. Cherish it and the memories it evokes.

That is why I feel very fortunate to be able to afford to replace things that were discarded from youth to now.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2441713;
    That's just fabulous, Stargazer. There are few better feelings than that which one gets upon discovering something thought to be gone forever.

Plus, you've now inspired me to visit Waynesville (a mere 8 hour drive), so you've done a good deed for today.
    Rattus, if you do decide to go, make sure to stop in Lilly's Corner Mall. It's not only where I discovered my beloved lamp, they also had the best prices in the town, I thought. My mom got a beautiful crock and a butter mold there.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

My MIL took my little guy for the night! Woohoo! It's so quiet here! I think I'm going to read for a bit, maybe watch some tv..UNINTERRUPTED...and get a good nights sleep!

Have a great night...bubble bath or something you would rarely do? Hope you have a good sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2442153;
    My MIL took my little guy for the night! Woohoo! It's so quiet here! I think I'm going to read for a bit, maybe watch some tv..UNINTERRUPTED...and get a good nights sleep!
    You party animal!

"The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Good for you Rattus!
    Congrats on the raise Star and on your cool find. I have a Strawberry Shortcake glass my daughter had when she was young. I plan on wrapping it up and giving it to her when her first child is born. I've got to get her married off first though.

I like that this thread is busy, it's good for all of you to get good news.

I have good news as well, I finally have my diploma in my hand, I now am a medical physicist (now, it's just a job I need). It's boring, but we don't get a ceremony, just the diploma in the mail. But now I have it .

My other good news is that I found a cheap hotel so me and Mr. Fatale can go on a vacation. It's a hotel in Denmark, by the ocean so we're hoping for good weather. It was fairly cheap as well, five nights with breakfasts and dinners for approx. $283 per person (meaning that dinner costs won't excalate, they're already paid for). It will definately be a welcome relaxing time. It's in the middle of July.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2442468;
    I like that this thread is busy, it's good for all of you to get good news.

I have good news as well, I finally have my diploma in my hand...
    I'm glad too. Congratulations to everyone, and to you, femme, for your achievement!!! That is so awesome

While some little things are bumpy for me, the big picture is still good, and I'm especially happy that our baby kitty is making friends with his new brothers and sisters. He's so sweet and affectionate with all of us.

I'm also happy that mr. lei and I will be attending a concert (Matisyahu) tonight. We only get about one good show a year here so it's pretty exciting.

Blessings to everyone

+ Reply to Thread