+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2431957;
    That's great . If I remember the title correctly, I love Pachelbel's Canon in D major. It's the song I used for when I walked down the aisle at my wedding.
    I always thought that was one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever created.

(And don't worry, Newf, no one is perfect! )

Happy graduation, 11sstephanie!!! Congratulations to you!!!

lei
    FORT Fogey

It was a funny day. While picking kittens for pet therapy I got pooped upon by one that was...leaking poop. But I got cleaned up, and brought a really cute (aren't they all?) pair to the home. Only two seniors were there today, and they were both asleep, but we woke the one who loves kittens and her face lit up with the warmth of the sun. She always says, "Oh, you're SUCH a CUTE KITTEN!!!" and kisses them. She's probably in her 90's, they call her "Cookie" and she tells stories about how she used to dance with Frank Sinatra. Anyway, her smile was my biggest blessing today.

I saw one of my best friends today for the first time in six years. If you want to see a somewhat normal photo of us, it is my profile picture.

I hated saying goodbye But it wonderful to reminisce about college days.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

What a wonderful picture, JLuvs! It's great to get together with long-time, seldom-seen friends, but always sad to say goodbye... promises to get together more often just get harder to keep as we grow older and get busy living life, especially when you end up living farther and farther away!

I discovered P's C when I first moved to New England and knew nobody, found myself living in a house on a lake with a big picture window. I would get up early, put on the headphones, sip my coffee and watch the other houses on the lake come to life, lights on, cars pulling out to go to work. I loved that music! stephanie - did you graduate or just your friend? lei - my thankful thoughts for today are around the amazing people participating in Relay for Life. I went for the first time yesterday (and will return today). The survivor's lap took my breath away. So may people challenged by this disease and so many more there to support us. Lots of students excited to see me there. One little guy attached himself to me as we lit the luminaries. I can only imagine how it must be to see your teacher in the (purple!) survivor shirt in that scenario.
    Count your blessings!

After a couple of weeks of really hot weather here in Sweden, I was finally able to go to the beach today. First ocean swim of the year! It's a really good feeling to get into the open water and swim (it was a bit cold at first, but you got used to it. It was also so hot in the air that you needed a cool down)

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2435058;
    After a couple of weeks of really hot weather here in Sweden, I was finally able to go to the beach today. First ocean swim of the year! It's a really good feeling to get into the open water and swim (it was a bit cold at first, but you got used to it. It was also so hot in the air that you needed a cool down)
    That's wonderful! I spend my summer poolside with my kids and there is nothing better. The pool opened on Monday and it's been rainy, so we haven't been able to go yet. Today is beautiful, but there is work to be done around the house. I'm hoping to go tomorrow.

I won a 3 day/2 night trip for me and a friend

Now I just have to decide which friend. I have a whole year in which I can use it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Congrats to everyone on the good news!

Our good news is that we are headed out for a much needed vacation on Saturday. We will be spending some time with my beloved great aunt (she is almost 90!) in South Carolina and also visiting with some friends in Atlanta on the return trip. We're really looking forward to this trip.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Yesterday my younger daughter left for Navy boot camp. She really wanted this so it's good news, even though Mom is a little bummed... I already miss her!

+ Reply to Thread