+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Congrats to Queen B and Katgib13 on their good news. Looks like I have found a job teaching summer school, which would another good addition for my resume Just working out the kinks, but it seems 95% guaranteed at this point.

I found a great deal on a hotel in NYC. There was a 30% off deal making it somewhat easier for me to afford a better place.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

lei
    FORT Fogey

Katgib13, that is lovely news. Sometimes a thoughtful gesture can make all the difference in the world

JLuvs, it sounds like a bunch of things are going your way! Congratulations, and let me know if you want any NYC tips (my 25 years there are still pretty vivid.)

I told myself I'm gonna add something each day to make sure I keep counting blessings. I'm already a day behind so here goes:
    1. Yesterday hubby and I brought in our scuba gear for maintenance as I haven't been diving since I was very ill. We'll be back underwater soon!
    2. I had a ton of garden work today and was blessed with unseasonably cool clouds.
    No need for support on my entries. It's kinda self-therapy. Though chime-ins are welcome too. Aloha!

jluvs...that's wonderful news!
    lei...I'm glad you will be able to go diving again soon! Sounds fun! When you are done working on your garden, come on over! Mine needs help!

Sounds like there's some great stuff floating around out there!

My good news: My son got a job as a lifeguard during the summer at a Girl Scout camp. (I posted about that earlier.) My BIL and nephews from Oklahoma (my sister died a little over two years ago) are going to Boston to visit my other sister during 4th of July week. My family was going to go to Boston also, as we haven't seen my BIL and nephews since my sister (their wife/mother) died. But then when my son got the job lifeguarding, we figured he wouldn't be able to go. So my husband cancelled his vacation, and I was going to go to Boston alone. (OK, here's the good news part) Found out last night the GS camp is closed during 4th of July week, so now my son can go with me!!! Unfortunately, hubby turned his vacation back and now can't get it again, so it's just a mom/son trip. But my son is very excited about being able to see his cousins.

lei - I went snorkling off Maui once - awesome fish! Have fun! I love the idea of using this for counting your blessings. Mine? I was able to come home and just sit and look out the window at my garden (I am out straight out.the rest of the week) and butterflies have found it! I must have seen 5 different varieties flitting around just from where I sat.
    Count your blessings!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

How wonderful, Gut! And that inspires me to go find the little garden area at a local park near me that the butterflies loved last year. The park has walking trails through the trees, and off in a secluded little corner, they planted some of the prettiest and sweetest smelling flowers. It has a bench for sitting/contemplating, and it was always so relaxing just to take a break from my walks to watch the pretties. You are lucky to have it so readily available for your enjoyment!

Today is the first time that I got applause for an artistic endeavor. After I played Puccini's Quando m'en vo', my piano teacher of two years clapped softly for a few seconds As it turned out, she should have saved her applause because the I butchered the very next piece that I've (allegedly) been practicing, Pachelbel's Canon in D major
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

lei
    FORT Fogey

Blessings and congratulations on everyone's good news!

Gutmutter when you come see my garden, we'll go hang out with the fishies too!

Today was hard but not bad. Two blessings stood out most. One was talking on the phone with a dear friend and we made each other laugh about our challenges, the kind of deep laugh that almost hurts but is so relieving ya feel much lighter after. The other was the yummy 3-cheese garlic gourmet veggie pizza Mr. Lei brought home

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2431407;
    Today is the first time that I got applause for an artistic endeavor. After I played Puccini's Quando m'en vo', my piano teacher of two years clapped softly for a few seconds As it turned out, she should have saved her applause because the I butchered the very next piece that I've (allegedly) been practicing, Pachelbel's Canon in D major
    Ah, yes. The Pachelbel. Funny thing is, I have almost the same story from a few years back, only change the clapping to "HALLELUJA! I KNEW YOU WOULDN'T LET ME DOWN LORD!," and the song before it to something....

My good news: I made it though today, graduation day, without crying once! I wish I could say the same for Craig...there's still 3:15 until he graduates, and he lost it for the first time, realizing that he might never see us again after today. I'm just happy that I kept it together as I said goodbye, because it would have been slightly awkward to explain to my whole school why I was suddenly a screaming and crying blob of nothingness.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2431407;
    That's great . If I remember the title correctly, I love Pachelbel's Canon in D major. It's the song I used for when I walked down the aisle at my wedding.

+ Reply to Thread