+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Thank you darlin'. I think I'll do just that.
    Count your blessings!

5 days without good news?

Tomorrow I'm leaving for a mini 3 day vacation with my husband. We are celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary (12 years together) in the Charlevoix region (Québec). Apparently it is gorgeous. I cannot wait to relax, enjoy the food and the view. My son will stay with my mom so we get to sleep in and spend some quality time together. I am really looking forward to it, but I know I'll miss my son as it is the longest I've left him for.

Enjoy your trip, DesertRose!

My good news is that my son (16 years old) has a full time summer job! He's going to be a lifeguard at a Girl Scout camp. A friend of ours is the Aquatics Director and called to ask him if he'd like the job. All he has to do is take the lifeguard course at the Y. He's an outstanding swimmer, so that shouldn't be a problem for him. Even better, our friend lives in the next town over and will pick him up and bring him home every day, so we don't even have to worry about how he'll get there.

He also has a part time job lined up at a local restaurant. It's only one night a week, and he's a busboy, but the waiters have already told him he's a fast learner.

And even better yet - my son found out on Friday that he has an "A" average in two of his classes at school and, therefore, doesn't have to take the finals. This is the kid who could care less about grades and just did enough to get by. Once he started playing lacrosse, his whole attitude changed.

It's all good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2423088;
    It's all good!!!
    It certainly sounds that way. Lifeguarding at at Girl Scout Camp? I'm sure he'll have lots of girlfriends by the end of summer and leave a string of broken hearts all over the state.

I think the fact that it's at a Girl Scout camp was one of the deciding factors for him. I haven't mentioned that it's probably girls who are much younger (like 6-12 years old) that will be attending this camp. I figure that's a little surprise he can find out for himself.

Aww, poor guy. Lots of little girl crushes.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2423148;
    I think the fact that it's at a Girl Scout camp was one of the deciding factors for him. I haven't mentioned that it's probably girls who are much younger (like 6-12 years old) that will be attending this camp. I figure that's a little surprise he can find out for himself.
    I'd love to see his face when he finds out! Congrats to him on his new job/jobs and his grades.

FORT Fogey

My good news isn't I guess GOOD news. Just the Navy, Coast Guard, and Air Force REALLY want me because of my ASVAB scores and won't leave me alone.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2423209;
    I'd love to see his face when he finds out! Congrats to him on his new job/jobs and his grades.
    Just make sure he remembers that those 12 year olds who LOOK like they are 15 or 16 AREN'T!

Wait til you hear this! I just found out my 10-year-old niece will be at the camp. So I'll have a spy. She'll tell me everything!!!

+ Reply to Thread