+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree668Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2386982;
    Good news! I had chemo Friday (2 more and I'm done!) and got the results of my heart scan. They do them every 2 or 3 months since heart damage is a possible side effect of herceptin. Anyway, the most recent one was better than my baseline scan before I started over a year ago! Since then I've gotten into a regular routine of weight machines and swimming. So yea! Other good news - surprise sweet 16 party for my daughter next weekend, flying to Chicago for my 50th the weekend after that, and my garden is really shaping up - giving me much pleasure. I'm putting in a fountain today. Wish me luck.
    How wonderful that everything is going so great now for you! You deserve it!

Scoutsmom....that is wonderful! The world needs more people like the Forters!

katgib: Can I wear my Hello Kitty pyjamas?

Gutmuter: Congratulations on your fabulous check-up! You are such an inspiration! Have a fabulous party in Chicago! Post a photo of your fountain when you get it going!

marybethp: Meowza on your 3,000th post!

Scoutmom: Wow. That is really nice of that young man to acknowledge you!

My little good news is that my Mom loved the flowers and Ghirardhelli chocolates I gave her yesterday. She wasn't expecting them on top of dinner out.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2387369;
    katgib: Can I wear my Hello Kitty pyjamas?

I'll be wearing my Eeyore jammies, so I don't see why not!

Good news...My not-very-romantic husband sent me a huge bouquet for Mother's Day and our Anniversary! It's 7 years today!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2386982;
    Good news! I had chemo Friday (2 more and I'm done!) and got the results of my heart scan. They do them every 2 or 3 months since heart damage is a possible side effect of herceptin. Anyway, the most recent one was better than my baseline scan before I started over a year ago! Since then I've gotten into a regular routine of weight machines and swimming. So yea! Other good news - surprise sweet 16 party for my daughter next weekend, flying to Chicago for my 50th the weekend after that, and my garden is really shaping up - giving me much pleasure. I'm putting in a fountain today. Wish me luck.
    for the good health news, Gutmutter! And I'm glad you're getting so muchgardening done, I'm sure you'll have no problem getting the fountain in. Post pictures of it for us, will ya?
    And Happy 50, if i miss it on the real day
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2387380;
    I'll be wearing my Eeyore jammies, so I don't see why not!

Good news...My not-very-romantic husband sent me a huge bouquet for Mother's Day and our Anniversary! It's 7 years today!
    YAY, what a nice surprise from your hubby! Belated Happy Anniversary too!

Aw, scoutmom - what an honor! I got the pond in successfully and discovered that the fountain also had a waterfall option, so I have a fountain, a waterfall, 12 goldfish, and hostas and begonias planted around it. Also two elephant ear bulbs the size of softballs. Then I sprinkled nasturtium seeds all around. Should be fun to see what all comes up. I'll supplement with alyssum or something in the gaps in the rocks around the border. I plan to get pictures soon - of course the plants aren't up yet, but the general fountain/pond/waterfall.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter - The pond sounds absolutely beautiful! I bet you get all kinds of birds and butterflies there also. (As well as some local predators for those goldfish!) Enjoy.

Thanks for the advance birthday wishes queenb! I'm celebrating my 50th birthday MONTH since it is the half century mark and all... I got myself the dwarf weeping junipers, the fountain for the pond, and will probably use a coupon Soft Surroundings sent me for something scrumptious. They have very exotic skirts that are tempting but not normally in my price range.
    Count your blessings!

I'm very happy to announce that I managed to change the lever on my toilet to a very nice silver and white porcelain one that matches my sink taps. I didn't break anything, and the toilet still flushes!

Good job, misskitty! The kitties are relieved () that they won't have to share their litterbox with you!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread